- BA/BS degree in a discipline that requires problem-solving, typically Engineering, Physics, Finance, Business or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of Operations experience, e.g., procurement, operations management, logistics, process improvement, operations finance
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services!
The AWS Infrastructure Capacity Planning Team is searching for a passionate and talented Regional Capacity Planner to drive capacity planning across multiple AWS regions, resulting in a single plan of record for each region. You will have goals to improve infrastructure utilization as well as availability. You will work across the AWS Organization to align demand with data center capacity and coordinate execution planning across AWS.
If you love being at the forefront of industry growth and development, applying your people skills and your analytical skills to drive insight into the business and improve the quality of key inputs, then this is a spot for you. This is a high impact role offering an opportunity work cross-functionally on lasting solutions that impact the long-term future of AWS.
- Advanced forecast modeling techniques including safety stock optimization and sensitivity analysis
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, Perl, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic or other programming languages are a plus
- 3-5 years of Supply Chain Management experience, e.g., forecasting, planning, scheduling
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written composition and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (look-ups &pivot tables)
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age