Great opportunity to join the InSite Division of Paragon Healthcare, an award-winning specialty infusion provider based in Dallas. This is a full-time position. Monday - Friday, 8 AM-5 PM and one weekend a month, 8 AM - 12 PM. Wound care experience preferred.
The MA provides basic patient care which includes performing routine office procedures and testing under the guidance and direction of a physician. Assists with general clerical duties as needed
Assists with initiating care of patients in the office by taking vital signs and documenting appropriately
in the patient medical record. Effectively communicates with other office staff, patients, and family members and provides patient education in the areas where competent and applicable. Only performs duties that competency has been established and are within the state guidelines for MA scope of practice.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 1-3 years of home infusion/home health/or medical office experience preferred.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, strong organizational, ability to multi-task and communication skills.
- Graduate of accredited MA school. (possibly negotiable with proven and verified experience and in-office training)
- CPR certification required.
- Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
- Assists with basic clinical skills including; Retrieving patients from lobby, escorting patient to exam room, Obtaining vital signs and weight, Obtaining patient’s medical history and current complaint, Obtaining written list of patient’s current medications, Response to emergency patient needs by notifying office nurse and physician, Appropriately anticipates the needs of the physician or nurse clinician.
- Creates all patients medical records and assists clinical personnel with maintenance of the medical chart. Completes all required patient care documentation and reports accurately and efficiently.
- Assists patients with the completion of various medical forms and obtains hospital records as needed. Assists with general clerical duties as needed.
- Performs patient check in and check out following HIPAA compliance and in a professional and courteous manner. Maintains clean office area every morning. Organize and maintain forms, office stationary, and ensures office equipment is operational by collaborating with assigned manager.
- Schedules appointments for patients and vendors. Schedules physician’s on-call for hospital coverage by collaborating with primary physician monthly and submitting on-call list in a timely fashion.
- Communicates to physicians and other health care providers any changes in the patient's condition.
- Takes professional responsibility for self-protection during required work in potentially hazardous situations (e.g. Handling of cytoxic agents, handling of blood and body fluids).
- Responsible for completion of notes. Meets physician expectations for clinic flow.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times by adhering to HIPAA standards. Handles patient complaints in a fair and empathetic manner.
- Participates in the orientation of other or medical assistants, as requested.
- Establishes positive working relationships with fellow employees and external customers.
- Understands and adheres to all applicable state, local and federal laws and regulations.
- Understands and adheres to company policies.
- Anticipates physicians and patient expectations and needs.
- Displays a neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Maintains a positive attitude when working with difficult patients and physicians as well as external customers.
- Maintains professional licensure, certification and health requirements as well as demonstrating clinical competence within scope of MA practice.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Competent with office computer program, if applicable (i.e. OneTouch).
- Competent at partner programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook).
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- wound care: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Medical Assistant (Preferred)