The Testing Proctor will be responsible for monitoring students during test. This position will stand watch to prevent cheating and ensure an orderly, safe and fair environment. Testing Proctors are essential to maintaining the integrity of the organization and the exams of county administrators.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
- Prepares classrooms prior to exams.
- Records test-taker attendance as requested.
- Provides examinations and relaying instructions (e.g. time limits).
- Answers questions that test-takers as instructed.
- Provides any needed appropriate materials during the test period.
- Monitors test-takers to prevent cheating.
- Ensures only approved materials are used during the exam.
- Follows prescribed protocols if test-takers ask to step out of the room.
- Reports any suspicious activity according to protocols.
- Collects and organizing exams as they are finished and/or at the end of the allotted time.
- Associate degree or higher, or enrollment in college classes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with common exam practices and procedures
- Willingness to follow all protocols and procedures
- Flexible schedule during and after business hours
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall
and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Band 3 Part-time, as needed
This is a Non-Exempt position.
Supervisor, World Languages and Cultures
The Loudoun County School Board is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and to the provision of equity in its educational programs, services and activities for all students and employees.
Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, or genetic information in employment or in its programs and activities. LCPS provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148