Develop Software to sustain Human Life
latest revision 8/15/2018
Fracta Inc., Redwood City, CA.
People cannot survive without water. Fracta (fracta.ai) offers a game-changing Software as a Service (SaaS) application to assess the condition of utility and transportation infrastructure, then calculates the risk of failures, and uses that to determine the optimal use of maintenance budgets and capital funding budgets. Currently we are focusing on underground water main pipelines. This is a $1 trillion problem in the US alone! More than one million miles of buried pipe are aging and many pipelines are expected to reach their end of useful life within the next 25-30 years. Water providers may not have funding to do what is required for sustaining these supply lines. So for the public good, water utilities cannot afford to waste money or operate sub-optimally.
To provide effective decision support we create actionable algorithms using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques. We accomplish our outstanding results with only historical data, not data from real time sensors. Our engineers and data scientists are tops in their field, and our leaders have been very successful in prior companies. Join our team of muteki engineers!
We are a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary powerhouse that includes professionals from commercial software, science, finance, and academia. We were founded in 2015 after some early work in the area of advanced robotics.
Job Function and Responsibilities:
Principal Engineer / Full Stack Developer
- Ability to manage a small brilliant team of high-powered software engineers to produce extensions and new modules to Fracta’s offering.
- You are a player-coach and would also be doing full-stack development in support of the above, coding in JS, PHP, and perhaps in Python.
- Manage and optimize our hosting environment at AWS.
- Conduct performance, unit, system, integration, and QA testing of your work.
- Conduct code reviews of others’ work.
- Maintain existing applications/services
- Upgrade and migrate existing applications/services to current version/systems architecture.
- Work closely with product managers, architects, the CTO, the Chief Software Architect, and other developers.
- Estimate work effort and propose development solutions
Requirements and Qualifications
- 10 years minimum prior experience working in a commercial software company as a software engineer developing software B2B applications and/or platforms, including some hosted SaaS applications.
- 2 yr minimum prior experience coding in Python, plus previous experience with Java or C++.
- Prior experience managing small dev teams (3 or more engineers) in an Agile Scrum delivery method.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or related degree (Civil Engineering, Math, Physics, Statistics, or Economics).
- Can communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Have legal right to work immediately in the US without the need for visa or visa transfer.
- Ideally reside within commute distance to Redwood City without the need to relocate. However a relocation package is available, as is ability to work remotely for up to 2 days per week.
The Opportunity … and You
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a disruptive startup that is well-funded and poised for meteoric growth! We have short term plans to grow internationally and into adjacent markets. Compensation package includes stock options, bonus, and generous benefits. But you must be verifiably qualified, meet the above requirements, be passionate about what you create, have the courage to fight for your ideas, and the talent to succeed.
Please apply at this website.
Please provide resume and a short cover letter indicating how you comply with our requirements. We will only consider applicants who furnish such cover letter.
It is not necessary to fill in Job History and Education Credentials on the online form as this is presumed to already be found in your resume.