For over 60 years, and three generations, Kenneth McDonald Plumbing & HVAC, one of the Armstrong Group of Companies has provided Greater Pittsburgh and its surrounding communities with prompt and knowledgeable service in the fields of plumbing and HVAC. We take special care of each of our clients by ensuring our project managers, plumbers, installers, and repair technicians have the latest training and state-of-the-art tools to complete the job correctly the first time. All of our work is backed by a 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee – if you don’t like it, we’ll make it right.
Our continued company mission is to find the source of your plumbing or HVAC problem and fix it the first time for a fair price and unmatched customer service.
To install plumbing to company standards providing the customer with a high-quality experience. Supervise the work of other installers maintaining high quality and timely job performance.
- Operate company vehicle daily
- Follow instructions from supervisor and carry out in timely manner.
- Supervise and be responsible for other installers and multiple crews
- Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly.
- Work well with customers, co-workers and subcontractors
- Work staggered schedule if required.
- Run and work a job from start to finish
- Maintain professional relationship with builders
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude always.
- Run a job without supervision
- Complete jobs within the labor and material budgets
- Complete all necessary paperwork, job packets, change orders, time cards
- Answer questions and train all installation employees
- 20 hours of job related training annually
- Test residential and commercial systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess all qualifications of Level 1, Level 2, Level 3and Level 4 installers in addition to the following:
- Level 5 tools
- Proficient in all Plumbing functional design and installation to code.
- Proficient understanding troubleshooting and installation of all residential and commercial systems
- Able to train and supervise others
- Exceptional Safety knowledge of tools, testing devices and surroundings.
- General knowledge in all Plumbing systems
- Ability to consult on customer complaints and give solutions that are beneficial for customer as well as company
- Ability to supervise others
- Attend leadership training classes
- Enroll in advanced training classes, 20 hours per year
- Obtain Journeyman License and keep status current
- Ability to test systems
- Understand and apply all codes for residential and commercial
- Working in tight spaces
- Ability to lift 100 lbs
- Ability to work comfortable from a ladder
- Need to be able to manipulate objects with fingers
- Competitive pay, based on experience
- Medical, prescription benefits & 401k plan available
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /year
- Plumbing: 1 year (Required)