***Merakey offers all full-time associates, a full benefits package including: health, dental, eye plan, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and much more.***
Merakey is currently seeking an Authorization Coordinator to join Merakey in our Lafayette, LA location.
With a rich tradition spanning almost 50 years, Merakey is at the forefront of providing care and services to people with special needs. Today Merakey, through its subsidiaries, is a leading provider of community-based, non-profit education and human services. More than 10,000 employees provide care to almost 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, and Michigan. Merakey has developed a unique continuum of care providing services in the areas of mental health, addictive diseases, education, foster care and permanency, autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and many more specialized programs.
WHAT Merakey HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
This position functions as part of a team and is responsible for supporting members of ACT team and consumers served by the ACT team in all program operations under the direction of the Team Leader and Director
- Maintains a spreadsheet of all clients in the program.
- Tracks/manages client authorizations from 5 managed care organizations.
- Tracks documents required to obtain authorizations and verify timely submission.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits.
- Processes new referrals and ensures all documentation needed for billing have been completed.
- Complete revenue reports ensuring each client is billed to the correct insurance plan.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Rate of pay:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of 3 years clerical experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must pass a Louisiana criminal history background check.
Check us out online at http://www.merakey.org.
Click on Careers under Career Opportunities
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
High School Diploma or GED. 3 plus years of experience with Medical Billing AR processes.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled