Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
ATI Corporate is seeking a staff level auditor (Process Specialist, Internal Audit) to join our high performing team. If you are looking for an opportunity to support a growing, world-class manufacturing company with multiple manufacturing operations, then this position is for you!
This role provides a unique opportunity to learn various ATI businesses and will require approximately 25% travel. A goal of our internal audit group is to offer a rewarding opportunity to learn our business and provide our auditors with the knowledge and expertise to develop and seek out growth opportunity in higher level roles, either within the internal audit department or another company position. The successful candidate is a self-starter, eager to learn, and interested in identifying opportunities and generating ideas to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the audit team.
The Process Specialist, Internal Audit is integral in auditing the Company's financial records, internal controls, compliance with regulations and Company policies, and third-party service providers.
- Play a key role in the execution of the annual audit plan, including Sarbanes-Oxley 404 management testing.
- Execute audit programs by performing audit tests through a combination of inquiry, observation, inspection and re-performance to achieve objectives for financial, operational, compliance, and special projects.
- Document understanding of processes through narratives, flow-charts and transactional walk through support.
- Communicate and coordinate testing procedures with external auditors.
- Prepare high quality audit work papers that are organized and well documented in accordance with departmental policy.
- Effectively communicate findings identified as a result of audit procedures to internal audit team, as well as finance and operations management.
- Prepare draft audit reports. Identify recommendations and process improvement opportunities.
- Ensure accounting transactions and balances are recorded in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles and company policy.
- Enhance accounting and auditing knowledge base by staying current with manufacturing industry activity and accounting/auditing pronouncements.
- Ensure compliance, quality, and operational processes are functioning efficiently, effectively and in accordance with company policy.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.5 is required
- At least one (1) year of public or private financial reporting and internal controls audit experience or Master's Degree in Accounting.
Preferred Qualifications (In addition to Required Qualifications)
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA) or working towards such designation encouraged.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and US generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, analytical, and leadership skills. Must be able to communicate with all areas and levels within the company.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cohesive team environment.
- Working knowledge or Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of ACL (Audit Command Language) or other data analytic software.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally (approximately 25%).
Basic Qualifications (required)
- BA/BS degree in Accounting with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is required.
- At least one (1) year of public or private financial reporting and internal controls audit experience
- Valid driver's license with a clean record.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Basic Qualifications)
- Certified Public Accountant professional designation or working towards such designation preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledgeable of auditing standards and procedures and U.S. GAAP.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Professional written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and cohesively in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency with software packages: Microsoft Office software suite, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Proficiency with ACL (Audit Command Language) or another data analytics software is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Ability to travel to domestic and foreign locations up to 25% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled