Who We Are
theCoderSchool is an after-school drop-off program for kids learning to code. We provide a fun, energetic, and inspirational environment to bring out that inner hacker in all kids! The future will be ever more dependent on technology so let's get our young generation ready. Learn to Code, Change the World.
theCoderSchool is looking for passionate Code Coaches to teach our next generation how to change the world! You will meet incredible kids, teach them how to code - and how to think like a coder - and be rewarded with an amazing experience. This is a part-time position for anywhere from 2-15 hours/week (same times weekly), depending on your schedule and availability. These hours can generally be sometime between 3-8pm weekdays or late morning on weekends.
A Code Coach is a mentor who teaches kids how to code. At theCoderSchool, we have three basic teaching styles - your assignment will depend on schedule, ability, and desire.
2. App Team. Our more experienced Code Coaches will manage a team of kids who will collaborate to create a complex app together. Requirements, design, iterations - similar to a real development but with more fun team challenges and activities mixed in.
3. Code Class. Traditional curriculum based classes with a larger student to teacher ratio, where all students follow a set specific curriculum.
This position rocks because you will:
What do we want from you? Read on.
* PASSION. All caps! This is all about giving back to the kids. We need to see goose bumps when your student ROCKS a code challenge.
* Great Communicator. There will be plenty of chatting with parents, and of course patience is a virtue when it comes to kids!
* Street Cred. Our college-level Code Coaches will have Comp Sci or Engineering or similar major at a nearby accredited school. Our Veteran Code Coaches will have relevant industry experience.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour