Chicago Running and Special Events Management, Inc offers an Internship program to mentor all applicants in Event Planning/Project Management. This position is responsible for assisting Event Managers in planning and coordinating activities of any designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within specific time frames and funding parameters. The internship program is designed to introduce students to all aspects of event production and management. Our interns gain a valuable understanding of many different aspects within an event and how they all interact with one another to produce the special event. Potential projects during the program include: Chicago Pride Fest, Chicago Taco & Tequila Fest, Belmont-Sheffield Music Festival, Taste of Lincoln Avenue, Run to End Homelessness, Windy City RibFest, Chinatown Summer Fair, Winnetka Music Festival & more.
Responsibilities and functions will include but are not limited to:
- Event and logistical planning
- Permit application procurement
- Ticketing & database management
- Event marketing & social media
- Venue and site development
- Event operations & onsite work
Candidates must be self-starters, detail-oriented, have strong written and oral communication skills, and MUST be able to secure transportation at any time of day or night in and around the Chicagoland area.
Candidates must be able to work Monday-Friday and frequent nights and weekends as the majority of events take place on weekends.
This internship can be for college credit, includes a weekly travel stipend, and pays hourly for weekend event work; however, interns are responsible for their own housing, transportation and living expenses.
Please do NOT apply for this position if you do not plan to live in the Chicagoland area this summer.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Tentative Start/End Date: May 18 - August 14
Apply Early! Interviews are rolling and the job description may be taken down prior to closing date.
Job Type: Internship
- Event Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Please describe your past event experience and what you hope to learn from this internship.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity