Responsible for various operational duties on inpatient units. Produces and analyses departmental data related to efficiency, productivity, service and quality in collaboration with the Clinical Manager/Director and Clinical Nurse Specialist. Maintains various operational systems of the department (e.g. payroll).
JOB SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Coordinates projects (i.e. strategic plans, budgets, shared governance meetings, quality improvement teams, etc.) as assigned by the Clinical Manager/Director.
2. Work as a liaison between Clinical Manager/Director and customers (employees, managers, physicians, patients and guests) to assure appropriate follow up and resolution of issues.
3. Attends inpatient work-group meetings contributing to operations as appropriate.
4. Assists Clinical Managers and Clinical Nurse Specialists in analysis and display of quality data.
5. Responsible for reviewing and correcting staff clockings on a daily basis, monitoring for trends and reporting findings to Clinical Managers for follow up.
6. Works with Clinical Managers on evaluation/analysis of monthly departmental expense/revenue reports. Works closely with Business Director as appropriate to accomplish variance investigation and explanation.
7. Act as a responsible steward of resources by minimizing waste and making suggestions for continuing and/or reducing costs. Coordinates efforts with Clinical Managers to streamline purchasing process to reduce inefficiencies.
8. Produce/coordinates data collection/evaluation related to HPPD/SEPPD on a daily basis.
9. Maintains database related to competencies, TB, BCLS, license. Collaborates and coordinates with Clinical Managers related updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, finance, or related field preferred. Experience with hospital operations and data analysis required.
- Significant knowledge and experience with personal computers is required to accomplish the duties of this position (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc).
- Well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Articulates and demonstrates commitment to the philosophy, values, mission and vision or the organization.
Full time, day shift, benefit eligible, located at the Hackley Campus