Amazon Web Services (Database Migration Service) is actively recruiting a Senior Product Manager.
The candidate will be working on the new AWS Database Migration Service (DMS) and the new AWS Schema Conversion Tool (SCT).
Help us revolutionize the Cloud! AWS is the fastest growing division within Amazon.
AWS Database Migration Service helps you migrate databases to AWS easily and securely. With AWS Database Migration Service, the source database remains fully operational during the migration, minimizing downtime to applications that rely on the database.
The AWS Schema Conversion Tool makes heterogeneous database migrations easy and simple by automatically converting the entire database schema and a majority of the custom code of the source database to a format compatible with the target database. Any code that cannot be automatically converted is clearly marked so that it can be manually converted.
Joining the AWS DMS team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its very early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Have direct impact on hundreds and thousands of users of AWS database services
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space – learn from the experts
In this position, you will play a pivotal role defining product requirements, go-to-market strategy, and tirelessly champion the needs of our customers. Given the breadth of the service we are building this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You’ll work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and information technology. Past experience in the database area is a plus, but not required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Creating the product strategy for the new service that appeals to unique needs and requirements of Enterprise customers
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
- Launching the vision, product strategy and road map for our products and working with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that vision, e.g. sales, partner team, international site leaders, etc.
- Defining product requirements documents based on an intimate knowledge of the specific market segments, target customers, and product
- Responsible for the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to insure that sales, SAs, Pro Serve, and the partner teams have what they need to be successful
- Driving sales by enabling business development and sales teams, leading calls with key customers, creating tools to support the success, helping to identify opportunities to increase that success
- Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
- Research and identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers
More information on AWS DMS and AWS SCT is available at http://aws.amazon.com/dms.
- 6+ years in product management or product marketing is required
- Bachelor degree in a related field is required
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
- Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services.
- Understanding of the Enterprise services space, particularly database and analytics.
- Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.