PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare's Mission, Vision and Values.
2. Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare's Standards of Behavior.
3. Requisitions food supplies needed for cooking the varied kinds of meals produced, coordinates with storeroom clerk as needed.
4. Inspects and monitors perishable food supply items and keeps supervisor informed of items used and of adjustments for menus.
5. Prepares entrées, vegetables, starch, soup items for patient room service, cafeteria, catering, and Garden View Grill. Prepares according to recipe and departmental quality standards.
6. Identifies and reports production problems and makes suggestions to supervisor regarding supply outage, production substitutions and preparation methods.
7. Records food production information on production sheet and transfers to data master schedule.
8. Prepares patient menu items as ordered, supplies menu items for cafeteria meal services
9. Attends and participates in departmental meetings / inservices, Mary Lanning Healthcare quality improvement program, etc.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.