CIOX Health is currently seeking qualified professionals for a Medical Records Clerk to process medical records requests at a local facility.
This is an entry level position responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) specifically medical record requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Receives incoming requests for information and responds to requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely manner.
- Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
- Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
- Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient’s medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity; and electronically transmits medical record to processing operations.
- Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Maintains equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the Help Desk department.
- Provides excellent customer service by being attentive, respectful and professional at all times; insures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; being proactive in identifying and addressing member concerns, or problems.
- Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and customer service skills by providing appropriate information to callers.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Administrative experience in an office setting; previous release of information, medical records, or other related experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Proven customer service experience and/or training.
Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as required by the member facility including Microsoft Word and Excel
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Records: 1 year
- Data Entry: 1 year
- Customer Service: 3 years