To serve and prepare beverages and/or food to the guests and other servers in a friendly, courteous and timely manner.
· Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, taking food and beverage orders from guests, and serving the order in a timely manner. In addition, inputting the orders into the MICROS Point of Sale System.
· Maintain proper and adequate set up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, mixers, paper products, and condiments based on the projection of business for the day.
· Serving the service well. Making sure the server orders are taken care of in a timely manner.
· Retrieves orders from the storeroom; checking to ensure accuracy of order.
· Cuts, and prepares fruit garnishes in sufficient amounts according to projected business.
· Performs end of shift paperwork and cash drop.
· Locks up and secures all beverage storage areas. Clean and maintain the bar area including the area behind and in front of the bar, and the storage areas. Clean and maintain all frozen drink machines and blenders.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, at the desecration of the manager based on the particular requirements of the hotel.
· Perform all assigned side work.
· Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products, as assigned, to adhere to health standards.
· Abide by all Federal, State and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of alcoholic beverages.
· Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, and understand portion sizes.
· Ability to read and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus and special
promotions, and communicate with guests.
· Ability to learn and understand the MICROS Point of Sale computer system.
· Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces.
· Ability to lift minimum of 5 pounds, and maximum of 30 pounds.
· Sufficient manual dexterity in the hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up
glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
· Ability to remember, recite, and promote menu items.
· Ability to work effectively in direct sunlight, and temperatures exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
· Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations with dissatisfied guests.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School Diploma preferred.
Prior bartending experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miramar Beach, FL 32550: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person