What You Will Do:
Under direct supervision of assistant manager, performs a variety of tasks within the department to ensure that meals are prepared and served to the patients of the Medical System consistent with established department standards.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Sets up work stations, ensuring all required items are available before the start of the line. Breaks down work station and cleans area at the end of the line.
A. Informs assistant manager of necessary supplies required before the start of the line.
B. Informs assistant manager or cook of the need to replenish food items in a timely manner so that there is no interruption in services.
C. Promptly notifies supervisor if items are not available.
2. Portions and assembles hot and cold food for patient trays according to departmental recipes, production orders, and dietary prescriptions, using proper garnishes.
A. Maintains proper portion control within departmental guidelines and under the assistant manager's direction.
3. Delivers and serves meals and food to patients according to established and posted schedules.
A. Delivers food carts to units quickly and quietly. Updates and compares the Host Round Sheets with the unit, updates and verifies to insure correct diet order is delivered.
B. Knocks on patient’s door before entering room; waits for patients responses; greets patients courteously by name.
C. Maintains posted delivery schedules; reports deviations from the schedule which are greater than 15 minutes to the assistant manager.
4. Delivers food and supplies from kitchen to cafeteria and other areas as required according to department procedures and as needed.
5. Collects patient trays and carts, returning them to the kitchen at the end of every meal.
6. Assists in the scraping and sorting of dishes.
1. Completes all tasks with minimal assistance, in a timely fashion, and exercises initiative in responding to needs appropriately as they arise.
2. Maintains a clean and orderly work environment, ensuring that department standards are met, and that all department activities are conducted in accordance with federal, state, and local health regulations.
A. Cleans work areas such as tables, counters, and food storage areas; washes equipment and utensils.
B. Follows department procedures to ensure the safe handling of all food items including covering, labeling, and dating of food items.
3. Attends mandatory department meetings and in-service education programs as scheduled by the Department and /or Medical System.
4. Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations.
5. Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
6. Maintains compliance with standards of operation, and the Business Conduct Guidelines. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Six months general work experience preferably in a food service setting is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.