Baking Training Specialist
About the position:
** This is an overnight, Shift Supervisor role.
- Be a role model for friendly, courteous interactions with other bakers, customers, associates, and management team.
- Work well with the BMM (Bakery Market Manager), other Baking Training Specialists (BTS), Certified Baker Trainers (CBTs), Baker Trainees, MITs and bakery-cafe management and associates.
- Foster an environment encouraging teamwork and productive training. Present & deliver training
- materials in a clear, informative & motivational manner.
- Live our Mission and teach/share our Cultural Values & Concept Essence through your actions on a daily basis.
- Maintain multiple certified training environments. Your Certified Baker Trainers (CBTs) and Baker Trainees are using current learning materials and tools that are in good working order.
- Ensure Baker Training Program is executed as designed through coaching of your Certified Baker Trainers and follow-up visits with Baker Trainees. If you need to alter the program based on the needs of a trainee establish a plan of action in collaboration with the CBT and through communication with BMM.
- Evaluate Baker Trainees using the Calibration form during Demo Bakes. Provide feedback to the Baker Trainee as well as the CBT.
- Champion the Standards! Require all bakers perform to standard
- following correct procedures. Consistently require the highest
- standards of performance.
- Work with baking team on fine-tuning baking skills & efficiencies.
- Assist with training/roll-out of new bakery products and procedures.
- Complete BMM responsibilities when BMM is not present.
- Ensure the effective use of company tools & systems: baking timeline, bakery checklist, weekly cleaning list, etc.
- Identify needs for new/revised tools and communicate to Bakery Support/Training Department.
- Practice, teach and enforce Food Safety procedures.
- Ensure the application of food cost knowledge on a daily basis: use of measurement tools, care & handling of product, etc.
- Contribute to company profitability by managing training budget.
- Teach and enforce proper maintenance of equipment and the bakery-cafe.
- Competitive compensation
- Food discounts
- Health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Development opportunities
- Nationwide discount program for merchandise and services
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Baking/Restaurant/Retail: 2 years (Required)