H2M Architects + Engineers, a multidiscipline architectural, engineering, environmental consulting firm in Melville, NY seeks a staff level Architect predominantly responsible for architectural CAD production and document coordination to join our NYC, NY team.
Come join our multi-disciplined team of architects, engineers and environmental scientist in our Purchase, NY office. We’re looking for an Intern Architect / Staff Designer 2 - 5 years’ experience in technical design development. Working alongside your design team, you will solve problems, coordinate design details and support the team effort in preparing architectural design drawings and specifications from schematic design to construction documents. Your work environment will include a first class office environment with the latest CAD, Revit and BIM tools to field work onsite the client’s project location.
- Assist project teams and work on a variety of projects from design through construction administration.
- Generate and manage the development of architectural design and project drawings.
- Interface/coordinate architecture and engineering disciplines to develop and execute architectural design concepts.
- Function as a designer to the extent necessary to complete projects on schedule and within budget.
- Client interaction and teamwork with other disciplines.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Full time intern on path to licensure with 2 - 5 years of architectural design experience.
- Ability to independently define / detail architectural concepts and performs limited code review and program analysis.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, ReVit and BIM.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, annual bonus, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development program. www.h2m.com