Job Opening ID:
00325492 Night Operations Supervisor (Evergreen) (Open)
Night Operations Supervisor
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
Dedicated Contract Services specializes in total supply chain management solutions, customized to meet each client's needs. We serve customers in over 450 locations, ranging from but not limited to, retail, food and restaurant, agriculture and the oil industry. We are expected to double in size in the next five years - We are not slowing down!
As an Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the daily operations of an account, which includes maintaining revenue generation, safety, equipment maintenance, payroll and billing, and ensuring Customer Value Delivery. The environment is challenging, fast-paced, and very rewarding!
- Dispatch and supervise a group of drivers
- Maintain performance metrics and participate in customer meetings
- Monitor and train drivers to promote company safety culture
- Route or pre-plan delivery of freight to ensure on-time service
- Involvement in the financial analysis as it relates to the specific profit-and-loss statements
- Monitor compliance with safety and Department of Transportation regulations
- Coordinate with maintenance support personnel to manage service of all account equipment
- Reduce driver turnover by utilizing JB Hunt’s Driver Dedicated program
- Four-year college degree from an accredited educational institution with a preferred GPA of 2.70 or higher, or
- Minimum of 3 years continuous employment with J.B. Hunt demonstrating management potential, or
- Minimum of 3 years recent supervisory experience outside of J.B. Hunt, or
- Military Non-Commissioned Officer with at least 3 years of supervisory experience (i.e., minimum E-4).
- Preference will be given to candidates who are willing to relocate for future opportunities within the company.
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”