- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- Experience in 24x7 production environments
- 3+ years Linux experience and associated tools/languages
- 1+ year experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
- 1+ year experience in at least two of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Do you enjoy helping U.S. Intelligence Community and Defense agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve unique technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies and become a core part of the largest cloud infrastructure on the planet? AWS CloudWatch is seeking System Engineers that enjoy diving deep to root cause technical issues, automating manual tasks, and constantly striving for greater service efficiency to improve customer experience.
We're looking for a System Engineer to join our team in either Herndon,VA or Crystal City, VA locations. In this role, the candidate will support CloudWatch Monitoring services and operations. The role requires working in a fast-paced environment with our multi-disciplined software development teams to deliver cutting-edge services to our customers.
AWS CloudWatch provides customers actionable visibility into the health of their applications and systems. Key features include web services for submission and retrieval of measurements, a console for presentation, and the ability to notify and automate based on results. Teams in CloudWatch solve problems of massive telemetric data scale, distributed systems/cloud computing, data visualization, and workflow.
We’re recruiting engineers who are focused on operational excellence, enjoy troubleshooting complex issues, and are customer obsessed. To succeed in this role, you'll need to be experienced in Linux OS, Command Line Interface, Networking Fundamentals, Bash and/or Python scripting, and general knowledge of operating large scale Cloud Services.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
- Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
- Experience managing large server fleets
- Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.