This position will be responsible for the routine accounting functions of a business.
Processing payroll, entering financial transactions, and fulfilling requirements for sales tax and provider tax.
Accurate and timely preparation of payroll, financials, sales tax and provider tax returns.
- Business bookkeeping
- Sales Tax
- Provider Tax
You will demonstrate full responsibility for:
o Collecting needed information, such as bank, loan and credit card statements
o Entering all transactions
o Diagnosing and problem solving to answer questions
o Providing a final list of transactions in question we need more information on
o Processing payroll
o Submitting tax and benefit deposits
o Filing quarterly and annual tax returns and forms
o Submit tax deposits by filing frequency (monthly, quarterly, annually)
o File tax return by filing frequency (monthly, quarterly, annually)
o Submit quarterly tax deposits
o File annual tax return
Skills and Abilities:
- Work with QuickBooks Desktop Pro and QuickBooks Online versions
- Familiar with payroll processing software, EFTPS, state revenue and state unemployment agencies
- Attention to detail
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting field
- Trustworthy and loyal: We deal with client’s sensitive information on a very deep level. This is the number one priority for all staff.
- Must be personable and responsible: We display a friendly demeanor that people can count on.
- Needs to take initiative and be a team player: We all work together to ensure everyone’s success.
- Make clients feel welcomed and taken care of: Display understanding and empathy for their questions.
- Exude a fun, youthful energy: If you are stuffy and dated, this is not the place for you.
- Confident in a professional setting: Defying stereotypes by being very knowledgeable and sure of yourself.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rochester, MN 55901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- QuickBooks: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person