Responsibilities include assisting with the annual audit, performing general accounting duties, and coordinating various insurance tasks. In addition to the general job duties, the Controller will be required to update - at times create - a variety of spreadsheets, assist in special projects at the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, and provide management with ad-hoc reports as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the activities of the Finance Office staff.
- Prepare diocesan financial reports, as well as departmental financial reports.
- Review payables for correct charges, approvals and coding.
- Create and upload positive pay and NACHA files for AP check runs.
- Review and approve receivables and cash receipts.
- Input general journal entries.
- Send out customer statements.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform imports into accounting software.
- Review completed bank reconciliations.
- Assist with annual budget for the diocese and parishes.
- Compile audit schedules as requested.
- Assist in the implementation of new systems, processes, and policies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fund accounting experience is preferential with proficiency in multi-location accounting.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in accounting, bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Abila MIP experience a plus, ability to adapt to new software required.
- Good math and logic aptitude with the ability to choose the right mathematical method or formula to solve a problem.
- Exceptional communication, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills with the ability to follow-up effectively with all levels of staff.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Capability to prioritize multiple tasks, organize workload, adapt quickly to change and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a time sensitive environment.
- Capacity to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- To apply, please submit the following materials, confidentially and as separate PDF attachments.
- Cover letter that aligns your experiences and skill set with the current needs of the diocese as you understand them.
- Current resume with all appropriate dates included.
- List of three references including names, relationship, phone numbers and email addresses. No references will be contacted without your knowledge and approval.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- accounting: 5 years (Required)
- A valid CPA CMA or other related accounting designation (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off