POSITION SUMMARY: SanTan Brewing Company, the largest independent craft brewery in Arizona and the largest award-winning distillery, is seeking a high energy, positive-minded individual to join our team. This position will take ownership of Financial reporting, budgetary process and inventory management, while thriving in a dynamic, rapidly growing, deadline driven manufacturing business. You should be the type of person that doesn’t shy away from challenges and stays calm under pressure. If you know about beer and spirits, like beer and spirits, would like to like beer and spirits, that will make it more fun in the long-run!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A strong understanding of GAAP accounting theories and practices is required.
- Direct experience with cost accounting is a must.
- Experience with standard costing, FIFO lot tracking, and bill of material creation a strong plus.
- Experience with general ledger inventory accounting for a manufacturing company is a must.
- This person will be working closely with production, sales and marketing, the accounting team, warehouse, and senior management. The ability to clearly communicate across these departments is essential to success in this position.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player, who can demonstrate experience working collaboratively with other departments.
- Must have excellent proficiency in Excel and experience with accounting software programs; experience with OBeer or SAP Business One strongly preferred; experience with OBeer implementation a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while staying organized is very important.
- 2 to 5 years relevant work history
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting is required.
- Manage the daily accounting for restaurant, corporate offices and distribution.
- Keep management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Assist in implementing Orchestrated Beer(OB) which may involve travel to Oregon for the OB annual conference for technical knowledge advancement
- Assist in implementing a rolling budget/forecast into OB and analyzing budget/forecast variances. Identify explanations for variances and make recommendations when necessary.
- Perform financial analysis for management decision making recommendations. Such items may include inventory management (inventory levels), keg management (buy vs. lease analysis), new business development, etc.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintenance of fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. Assist in Monthly/Quarterly Partner Flash reporting. Complete and or review monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts. Banks; Prepaid; Inventory; Depreciation; Group health plan; Others
- Expense analysis; Sales promo, Meals & entertainment, COGS
- Sales Analysis; Maintaining sales data by brand/size/sales rep/store type; Developing additional tools for sales analysis
- Federal excise tax reporting
- Liquor licensing and TTB Label management
- Demonstrates knowledge of general accounting principles and practices and the application and use of concepts, theories, and terminology of accounting.
- Monitors cash receipts.
- Analyzes budget activity on a monthly basis.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices (GAAP), and a good understanding and application of concepts, theories, principles, practices, terminology and applied bases of accounting.
- Ensures all business transactions are reasonable, appropriate, and necessary.
- Monitors financial and operational risks. Provides solutions to supervisor to address operational risks.
- Monitors cash receipts.
- Take a supervisory role in reviewing Staff Accountant workload and make recommendations for Staff Development
- Assist with Product Costing
- Ratio and benchmarking monthly/quarterly analysis
- Manage the Monthly physical inventory and set up a systematic process for moving to cycle counts
- This job is hands on and can include some preparation and data entry as the accounting department consists of two accounting clerks.
Compensation DOE - Submission of Resume and salary requirements a must
Job Type: Full-time