Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Manages, coordinates and supervises the care of patients, including appropriate patient placement and the facilitation of patient throughput based on the changing needs of the patient population. Provides advanced patient assessment skills that include emergent rapid response, monitoring critically ill patients, and facilitating throughput to varying levels of care as patient conditions require.
1. Provides leadership skills in a knowledgeable, consistent and continuous manner that fosters collaboration with co-workers, teamwork, communication, respect for others, and accountability both within and across departments. Coaches and mentors staff in the acquisition of leadership skills.
2. Assesses and monitors critically ill patients, and facilitates throughput to varying levels of care as patient conditions require including the transporting of patients.
3. Provides clinical consultation to staff in all departments for clinical critical thinking and clinical support for patient care.
4. Responds to all emergency calls, codes, and alerts within the hospital and directs and organizes the process to achieve the optimum patient outcome.
5. Provides support for the vascular access needs of the patients.
6. Responsible for evaluation and development of all employees to include hiring, counseling and termination. Fosters a learning environment for staff and encourages self-development.
7. Ensures that the highest level of clinical practice is maintained to deliver safe, effective and appropriate patient care. Directs patient care activities, supporting unit manager goals including development of standards of care and unit function in the clinical specialty.
8. Evaluates patient satisfaction and implements improvement interventions as indicated.
9. Develops unit goals and objectives in alignment with the organization mission and goals. Collaborates with the management team in the strategic planning process to support organizational initiatives.
10. Manages patient throughput as it relates to patient placement, aligning of competent resources and timely and effective turnover.
11. Responsible for all clinical functions of the organization. Supports unit manager clinical and operational goals.
12. Facilitates throughput to varying levels of care as patient conditions require including the transporting of patients.
13. Plans and projects staffing for the next shift utilizing unit staffing grids, director's input and assessment of unit acuity and activity.
14. Communicates effectively across the organization, actual and potential operational, clinical and risk management issues in a timely manner to all appropriate levels in the organization (ex: CNO, AOC, DOC, Manager UWW, & Department Managers).
15. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
3 years Job related experience Bachelor Degree required for those hired after July 2011. Strong Leadership and critical thinking skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent decision making skills to resolve organizational and patient care issues. Flexibility to meet the needs of the organization.
ACLS, PALS, TNCC.
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Nursing Clin Adm Supervisor
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Significant occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.