Fairway Architectural Railing Solutions is a leader in the production and installation of commercial railing and fencing. We have an immediate opening for a Production Manager in our Trenton, NJ facility.
Manages the day-to-day production activity to achieve safety, quality, delivery, cost and productivity objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify production deficiencies and convey suggested changes utilizing Lean and 5S initiatives. Implement approved changes.
- Accomplish objectives by communicating job expectations to employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; Hold direct reports accountable for their performance; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Oversee the production planning, staffing and day to day manufacturing operations in a cost-effective manner, help to develop, track and record operational KPI’s. Monitor and manage overtime
- Act as a leader in terms of continuous improvement and change. Motivates and leads by example
- Work as a team with all levels and functional areas of the organization.
- Drive the development of the Sage system for full functionality and usability
- Identify barriers to meeting production goals and help develop and implement improvement plans
- Coordinate daily activities of production, quality and cleanliness of plant
- Lead daily production meeting
- Other duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, or college coursework preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Previous experience with SAGE greatly desired
- Lean and 5S training or experience is a plus
Skills, Abilities, and Attributes:
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Personable professional whose strengths include cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce in multicultural settings.
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
Benefits are available immediately on hire. Fairway offers a competitive wage and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability, and a 401k plan.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lean Production Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Sage Software: 2 years (Preferred)
- Production/Manufacturing Management: 5 years (Required)