The Program Instructor will conduct activities and provide services at Richmond Heights Middle School to girl’s ages 11 to 15 by working closely with fellow staff, volunteers, community partners and parents/guardians to deliver Girl Power’s mission. Ensure that all classroom goals, objectives and outcomes are accomplished while providing quality programming to all participants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Familiar with non-profit organization operations
- Passion for working with youth and building communities in Miami-Dade County.
- Positive, compassionate attitude towards girls suffering from emotional, physical and sexual abuse as well as knowledge of other adversities facing at-risk youth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good social skills with the ability to establish community partnerships
- Works well independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Eager to learn and seek personal development opportunities
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to consistent, reliable transportation
- Pass a criminal background check
- Complete client intakes and collection of required student data for the After-school.
- Create lesson plans in accordance with evidence/research based program curriculums provided by the agency
- Plan and implement all classroom sessions and activities with enthusiasm and creativity
- Ensure that all classroom goals, objectives and outcomes are accomplished while providing quality programming to all clients.
- Support the agency outreach/recruitment plan for attaining program participants.
- Co-Facilitate monthly Parent Support Group Meetings
- Utilize Fidelity Check List to analyze programmatic measurements and outcomes as directed
- Ensure that all student paperwork is properly filed and maintained in secured/locked location
- Coordinate one-to-one parent/student conferences as needed
- Organize and attend student field trips and community service projects as needed
- Attend internal and external meetings as required
- Comply with WLC/GP policies and procedures including confidentiality and equal opportunities in all aspect of work
- As an absolute condition, must sign a drug and tobacco free workplace agreement
- Complete national background check and obtain a Local Police Records check
- Other duties as assigned
Monday - Thursday 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Some evenings and weekends as required
$20 PER HOUR
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $20.01 /hour
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $21.00 /hour