The Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for the daily oversight of all assigned billing, cash application, and collection functions. This role will be accountable for producing high quality service through the effective management of people, process, and technology. Regular and consistent coordination with other business leaders is required to achieve sustainable results. Strong customer relationships, both internal and external, are necessary to support and improve revenue opportunities for the company.
Goals & Objectives:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Timely, accurate, and complete billing of invoices and application of cash to improve days to bill and days sales outstanding metrics
- Timely collection of open receivables to meet/exceed cash forecast objectives
- Maintain/improve key performance indicators as defined by Service Level Agreements
- Training and development of new and existing employees to foster a continuous learning environment
- Identify and drive process improvements to create a more proactive organizational structure
Education, Experience & Certification Requirements:
- Manage department workload to ensure all AR billing, payments, and AR agings are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team to achieve department KPIs.
- Review posted AR invoices, resolve billing discrepancies, reconcile/distribute reports, monitor aging reports and assign to Collections, as appropriate.
- Manage the monthly AR close process.
- Maintain & monitor AR, collection and cash apply policies.
- Work directly with internal/external auditors to provide support for periodic testing requests.
- Identify and champion recommendations to improve the efficiency of the Accounts Receivable team.
- Ensure processes are customer focused and meet customer’s requirements Ensure timely and accurate conveyance of information to stakeholders, including service partners and internal & external customers
- Maintain on-going open dialogue with Business Unit Managers to ensure service goals are understood and practiced; Communicate/Report to Business Unit Managers on a consistent and timely basis.
- Provide professional interaction and response to all levels of internal and external customers.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Assign and delegate work to team members by managing daily workflow of team, adjusting assignments as needed to cover fluctuations in volume, employee absences, and other changes as they occur.
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Coordinate with the Workforce Analyst to identify staffing and training needs
- Support the goals and objectives of Pasha at all times and in all transactions with internal and external customers, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance and similar fields
- 5 years’ experience in AR/Finance is required, with increasing responsibilities in operations management in a similar or related industry, preferably logistics or relocation based
- 3 years’ experience managing staff
- Strong organizational, analytical and mathematical experience
Key Success Factors:
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures; Experience with Acuity (MAS 500) accounting system preferred
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel) required, Advanced MS Office (SharePoint, Access, Outlook) preferred
- Proficiency in use of operations management systems, including reporting functionality, strongly preferred.
- Strong tactical problem solving and customer service skills required.
- Strong professional communication skills including excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Ability to work both as an individual contributor and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated ability to properly manage sensitive and confidential information
- Understanding of operational best-practices relevant to contact center operations
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize projects and deliverables, and interact effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills with demonstrated ability to motivate others.
- Self-motivated and able to work well as part of a geographically disbursed management team.
- Adaptability: Responds resourcefully and positively to the opportunities and challenges of working a matrix environment. Moves forward productively under conditions of change, adversity or uncertainty.
- Build Relationships: Establishes relationships inside and outside of the organization that enhance the levels of cooperation, collaboration, and trust. Constructively deals with difficult or tense circumstances.
- Continuous Improvement: Uses appropriate metrics, methods and data to manage by fact and monitor, measure and improve processes and practices. Analyzes challenges, problems and process breakdowns to ensure that lessons are learned, improvements made and best practices shared.
- Customer Focus: Develops and delivers customer-centric solutions, providing exceptional experiences that meet or exceed customer requirements. Continually stretches to identify and provide new ways to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Decision Making: Analyzes problems, opportunities and circumstances and their potential impacts on the business to evaluate alternatives and make effective recommendations and decisions
- Drive for Results: Demonstrates and fosters a “can-do” spirit, a sense of optimism and urgency
- Effective Communication: Prepares and delivers concise and timely and persuasive communications. Actively listens to others and promotes open exchange of ideas and opinions.
- Engage and Inspire: Fosters personal achievement and excellence. Articulates and inspires commitment to a vision and plan of action aligned with organizational vision and goals.
- Staff Management: Communicates expectations clearly and holds team members accountable. Differentiates between high and low performance. Rewards and recognizes hard work and results. Addresses performance issues promptly and corrects poor performance.
The incumbent will be measured on the key success factors and meeting the goals and objectives stated above, to include: Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements, key Business owner relationships, development of employees, and contribution to the advancement of the Shared Service Center brand.
Role functions in a high-volume contact center environment with complex business rules and multiple internal and external clients. Emphasis on excellence, achievement of KPI and SLA targets, process adherence and improvement, and effective management of people, process, technology and resources are critical to the success of this role.
Functions in office environment. Limited travel to other corporate sites may be required.