The Patient Access Architect is responsible for the design of solutions including but not limited to registration, appointment scheduling, ADT, patient transport, environmental services, bed/capacity management, referrals and eligibility checking. Solutions are typically anchored within the Epic software but may rely on third-party products or systems.
The Architect works closely with Business Operations and IT Analysts to understand business requirements and propose IT solutions that are reliable, maintainable, supportable, and scalable for the growing health system with the goal of enhancing the patient and/or user experience.
Oversee technical design, workflow and system build for EPIC scheduling, registration, clinical and patient modules as well as provide thought-leadership with respect to network, security and workflow diagrams for internal and 3rd party applications. The Architect works closely with business operations and IT analysts to understand business requirements and propose IT solutions that are reliable, maintainable, supportable and scalable for the growing health system. Lead and mentor other architects (business, information, application, software, technology). Define key solutions and ensure they are managed. Define principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise. Define models, including solution patterns, to guide solution decisions for the enterprise. Create, document, and communicate the integration approach of all the components of the architecture. Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints, to derive the enterprise solution architecture change requirements to guide solution decisions for the enterprise. Research, analyze, determine capabilities and propose solution alternatives that address specific business needs and product/service strategies across Lines of Businesses. Develop road maps describing the evolution of all enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state. Perform design reviews of solutions to ensure the design aligns and supports the specified architecture. Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise solution architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs. Ensure that project management or solution delivery life cycle efforts and project architects specifically leverage all aspects of enterprise architecture (EA) separately by enterprise architecture viewpoint (for example, business, information, application, software, and technology) and via guidance at the enterprise solution architecture level across those viewpoints. Be prepared to "sell" the EA process (overall, not just for enterprise solution architecture), its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication, marketing or educational activities needed to ensure enterprise solution architecture success and use. Review all project and enterprise solution architecture. Demonstrate strong technical knowledge and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions. Ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust, confidence and intellectual integrity with both Business and IT partners. Support of enterprise tools needed for development and QA processes. Work with each line of business to ensure the successful adoption and use of enterprise solutions including application frameworks, software reference architectures, frameworks, patterns, and standards. This also includes conformance to the strategies, reference architectures, and guiding principles. Lead by example, influence and shape outlook and attitudes to facilitate change from a tactical to a strategic oriented enterprise. EOE including Disabled and Veterans.
Ideal candidate profile includes a mix of certifications in Prelude, Cadence, Grand Central, Referrals and / or Eligibility
3-6+ years in enterprise, application, technical, or information architecture design.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of application delivery methods and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions.
- Demonstrated results managing/ influencing/ member of virtual teams and serving as role model/ mentor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology is preferred or other degree with significant related IT and leadership experience.
- The enterprise architect needs to have expertise in design methodologies and business functions.
- Need to have working knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) or other architecture modeling notations.
- Excellent understanding of current IT trends, key vendors and their impact on business strategies, Cloud technologies, Mobile applications, BI architecture, agile IT processes, usability architecture, front-end design, etc. Pragmatic, articulate, persuasive and able to develop, sell and drive architectural solutions.
- Ability to effectively translate and present technology solutions in business or management terms.
- Visionary thinker that can anticipate future computing capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to lead, guide, and govern, effectively.