Kimber Mfg., Inc.
Training Development Specialist
Human Resources Manager
Kimber Mfg. Inc., a rapidly growing and leading manufacturer of fine sporting firearms, has an immediate need for an experienced Training Development Specialist based in our Troy, Alabama location. The Training Development Specialist will be responsible for creating, planning, and administering training programs that improve the skills and knowledge of Kimber employees; as well as participate in other Generalist duties including but not limited to benefits, employee relations, compensation, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, or consultations with managers, supervisors, or leaders within organization
- Creates, organizes, plans and presents various forms of on boarding, orientation, and skills training for employees.
- Design, develop, and create training manuals, online learning modules, and appropriate course materials
- Review training materials from a variety of sources and choose appropriate materials. Also, assesses training materials prepared by outside instructors.
- Assist in the evaluation of training programs, including but not limited to CNC apprenticeship and New Hire Orientation.
- Perform administrative tasks such as monitoring costs, scheduling classes, setting up systems and equipment, and coordinating enrollment. Prepares and implements training budget; maintains records and reports of expenses.
- Develops unique training programs to fulfill workers specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
- Presents training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos and a variety of instructional techniques.
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
- Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Strong presentation skills.
Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other related program software.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent written and oral communication skills as well as excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self – directed and able to contribute individually and as a member of a team
- Ability to work effectively as a valuable partner with management teams
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Comprehensive understanding of AL employment laws and HR/ Training best practices and comprehensive knowledge of government regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Training and Development, or a related field
- At least two years of training experience required
- Master’s degree
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Some Human resources generalist experience preferred
Must have excellent communication skills; reading, writing and listening.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications and human resources information management systems; ADP HRIS experience preferred. Experience with PowerPoint, and other programs to present training are required.
Travel for this position will be limited.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work irregular
hours and shifts, overtime before and after shifts and on weekends. Ability to work as part of a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate within the plant, low within the office.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee works in a manufacturing environment and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee may have prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 15 pounds.
This position requires compliance with ITAR requirement. Must be a “U.S. Person” (per ITAR 120.15) and are required to show proof substantiating this upon being
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties and/or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice at the sole discretion of the Company.
Kimber offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.