Be a part of the largest independent food distributorship in the USA!
As an entry level employee at Harvest-Sherwood Food Distributors your primary job responsibilities will be reading order labels and picking orders assigned to you by your supervisor. The job requires you to work in a refrigerated environment with temperatures ranging from 0-28 degrees. The job also requires a full range of physical activity including bending, and lifting up to 90lbs. You will be trained and certified to operate stand-up tow motors and pallet jacks. It is your responsibility to come to work on time, ready to work and dressed accordingly, rubber soled work boots are required. You will also be expected to work until released by a supervisor each day. After your (90) day probationary period your performance level will be measured daily, you are required to maintain a box count average of (120) boxes weekly for 3rdshift and (150) boxes weekly for 2ndshift.
Tasks and Duties
Select pallets, cases and/or bags of dry or frozen goods to fill customer orders from multi-level rack storage systems. Manually load items on pallets, move to the loading dock staging area with an electric pallet jack, shrink wrap and label items. Label and ready the order for shipment. Dispose of or replace empty pallets, cardboard packing, wood debris and strapping to proper receptacles or areas. Keep work area clean.
- operate powered or manual low-lift trucks in areas such as general warehouse, docks (wharves), cooler, freezers, and building exterior.
- position the lifting platform and pick up the load
- make sure loads are stable and safe
- drive forwards and sometimes backwards to the staging or unloading area
- deposit the loads on the floor, or stack the goods in piles or on shelves (tiers)
- carry out daily pre-operational maintenance checks on the industrial vehicle.
- often move goods by hand.
- Remove shrink-wrap from pallet of goods and shrink wrap pallet of goods being shipped to customers.
- may fill in delivery forms and manually or electronically record the movement of goods.
- Clean work area using broom, hose, mop, and other cleaning equipment.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Ensuring shop and warehouse are free from obstructions.
- Returning extra material to its appropriate place in warehouse.
- Ensuring all lifts and trailers are properly secured and batteries are charged and operational before use.
- Performing a variety of secondary support tasks as requested by the Lead Person, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Attending and participating in all required and requested safety meetings and training sessions.
- Watching designated training videos when requested.
- Learning basic industrial vehicle operator maintenance skills Becoming familiar with First Aid and medical emergency techniques.
Treating fellow employees, supervisors, and customers with honesty, courtesy and respect.
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pallet Jack: 1 year (Preferred)
- forklift operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Are you at least 18 years of age?