Horn USA, Inc. Franklin, TN is a wholly owned US subsidiary of Horn S.A. Luxembourg, Europe's leading supplier of grooving tools and a world leader in precision grooving technology. The company was incorporated in the US in 1997, and tremendous growth followed. Manufacture of customized tooling accounts for a substantial amount of Horn USA sales, and the combination of local design engineering as well as production allow for a rapid and detailed response to customers’ requirements.
The shipping and receiving associate will report to the Warehouse Supervisor. This position covers the following aspects within the department: Receiving, shipping, production support, inventory control. This fast-pace position is responsible for receiving daily import shipments, maintaining correct inventory counts, pulling job orders for production, preparing shipments for sub-contractors, shipping sales and marketing materials and other fulfillment for domestic and international customers. Other special projects assigned as needed. Climate control and clean environment.
- Ensures the accuracy of all shipping documents, gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping activities
- Assures that shipping counts match picking documents and resolves any discrepancies
- Ensures proper labels and tickets have been applied before shipping
- Sort orders, pick orders, check orders, package orders and ship orders.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Ensures the accuracy of all receiving documents, gathers, and matches forms (packing slips, invoices, and tracking information) relative to receiving activities
- Assures that receiving counts match packing slip documents and assists in resolving any discrepancies
- Processes daily inbound customer returns and import shipments. Unpack, verify, label and put away all inbound product
- May assist in unloading trucks
- Picks raw materials from warehouse stock and decants material to support the production floor.
- Accurately package material received from the production floor and ready material for shipment outside vendor.
- Support decanting and repackaging process in the tool marking area.
- Responsible for maintaining the tidiness and cleanliness standards of the warehouse
- Can be required to operate powered and non-powered material handling equipment(training can be required)
- Must adhere to all OSHA requirements(training will be provided)
- Ensures all paperwork is complete and properly processed
- Must have ability to learn various warehouse functions and processes
- Meet appropriate productivity/quality standards relative to job responsibilities as outlined by the Warehouse Manager
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Analytical ability to provide the customer with the highest level of logistical service
- Thrives on responsibility and can be self-directed
- Part of a team that must coordinate work efforts to complete department and overall operational goals
- Must have the ability to listen to direction, manage time, and complete all work as assigned within established timeline
- Must be physically able to perform assigned tasks including walking, standing, bending and reaching for extended periods of time
- The ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- SAP experience
- UPS Worldship and FedEx software
Education and experience requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent education, minimum one-year warehouse experience
Math skills and ability to write legibly
Comprehensive benefit package including: 401k, medical, dental, long – term disability and life insurance and AD&D. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.75 to $14.00 /hour plus a guaranteed bonus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.75 to $14.00 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Forklift Certified (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture