Joy Cone Company is an independent, 100% employee-owned company that has been in operation since 1918 and is the largest ice cream cone producer in the United States. We are currently looking for hard-working and dedicated employees to join our team! Please see the Level 1 Packer Job Description below:
· Work primarily with machinery, assembly line, moving parts etc.
· Responsible for cone quality, row counts and feeding cones onto the line.
· Responsible for making and sealing cases.
· Responsible for proper operation of Jacket and Syrup Dispenser.
· Responsible for sorting and stacking rows of cones onto cooling racks.
· Responsible for sealing cases and stacking onto pallets.
· Responsible for hand packing over wrapped cones into cases
· Responsible for operations of automated packaging equipment, such as flow rappers, cartoners, case packers, case erectors, case sealers, labelers, X-Ray machines, and metal detectors
· Does not supervise other employees
· Good attendance (as defined by attendance policy)
· Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds above shoulder height.
· Job involves repetitive bending, turning, twisting, use of hands and rotation of wrists.
· Required to stand on their feet and/ or walk between 5 & 8 hours per day.
· Must be able to detect audible tones and alarms
· Frequently communicate with coworkers in long and short distances
· Must be able to distinguish and sort by color.
· Keep a clean work area to ensure safety
· Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
· Must have demonstrated good work habits and attendance.
· Must be able to read and follow written and verbal instructions.
Joy Cone Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: From $17.65 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hermitage, PA 16148: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location