Manages the business of a restaurant, responsible for meeting sales and profit goals, ensuring exceptional guest satisfaction, and following company policies.
Placement in the Organization:
Reports to District Manager. Supervises management team and hourly crew members.
- Responsible for achieving the restaurant’s sales and profit plan.
- Analyzes operating statements to identify problems, and takes corrective action to improve results.
- Aware of local market trends, competition and opportunities. With assistance from District Manager, selects and implements appropriate LSM programs
- Ensures that new products are rolled out according to standards.
- Ensures operations of the restaurant comply with all requirements of the El Pollo Loco Operations Manual.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and present properly in a clean, safe and sanitary manner according to all established procedures, performance standards, and specifications.
- Keeps informed by reading all memos and checking emails.
- Communicates product deficiencies to District Manager.
- Ensures exceptional guest satisfaction through effective and efficient service and a clean and pleasant environment as specified in the Operations Manual.
- Maintains proper inventory levels for both food and non-food items.
- Ensures the safety of all El Pollo Loco restaurant employees and guests. Accountable for the timely handling of all accidents to minimize liability and cost to the company. Represents the company at Worker’s Compensation hearings. Ensures monthly safety committee meetings are conducted.
- Directly supervises assistant managers and holds them accountable for meeting expectations. Sets goals for their development, and gives regular performance feedback.
- Prepares management work schedules according to company expectations.
- Ensures the hourly employee schedule meets labor staffing guidelines.
- Ensures daily, weekly and other administrative records are completed according to company expectations.
- Organizes and conducts employee and management meetings. Creates and maintains positive work environment, ensuring open communication.
- Ensures employees and managers receive appropriate training and development.
- Takes corrective disciplinary action with hourly and management employees.
- Recognizes and rewards employee’s good performance.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing and selection of hourly employees. Projects staffing needs and ensures the restaurant is staffed to company expectations.
Participates in recruitment interviewing and selection of restaurant management.
- Responsible for personnel administration, such as maintaining records, and employee’s documentations, appraising performance, administering merit increases, and proper timekeeping procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for all company funds and inventory. Ensures that cash handling and security policies are in effect at all times.
- Complies with human resource policies and procedures.
- Ensures the restaurant is in full compliance with appropriate local, state and federal regulations governing health, sanitation, and safety.Experience/Education
- Minimum of one year management experience in the hospitality business.
- High school degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to effectively speak, read, and write in English.
- Guest Focus
- Responsive to guest needs.
- Effectively uses guest feedback.
- Responds to guest concerns and complaints effectively.
- Encourages open sharing of ideas.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, accurately, and timely. (Oral and written)
- Facilitates well-organized meetings and group discussions effectively.
- Values diversity, understands customer base and is sensitive to other cultures.
- Manages disagreements and conflicts in an open, constructive manner.
- Monitors performance and provides useful feedback.
- Ensures crewmembers are trained and developed.
- Supports and delegates effectively.
- Contributes to the development of the Restaurant Managers, Shift Supervisors and crewmembers.
- Fosters teamwork, cooperation and involves others.
- Creates a positive work environment.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions.
Planning and Organizing
- Sets objectives and priorities and develops effective plans to accomplish goals.
- Shows good judgment and learns from experience.
- Gathers and considers relevant information before making decisions.
- Meets deadlines.
- Extensive standing without breaks.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, and cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and bending to touch the floor
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided.
- Must be able to work irregular hours and under heavy pressure/stress during busy times.
- Bending, reaching, walking.
- Communicating with customers.
- Using a computer.
- Operating cash register.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Responsible for one restaurant.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance