Celera Motion’s precision optical encoders and motion control products solve challenges for technology-driven medical and advanced industrial original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are experiencing tremendous growth and seeking a skilled, passionate, disciplined and enthusiastic Senior Test Engineer to join our high performing team.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, innovative, hands on engineer with good people skills and the desire to work in a high growth environment. They will work with small teams of design engineers, manufacturing engineers and production technicians to create new test equipment and support, characterize and improve current product test fixtures and procedures. This individual will be a key part of the Stage Gate Process to ensure that documented end point requirements, software, and customer-specific methods are transferred to manufacturing prior to production volume launch of new products
- Develop, document and improve manufacturing test software, equipment and procedures for Encoder Test, Interpolator Test and complex analog & digital positioning systems (Analog & Digital).
- Develop scalable test strategy roadmap across all product lines.
- Evaluate current situation, recommend design changes and/or implement test or manufacturing process improvements (including preventative maintenance) to improve production quality and increase throughput.
- Active participation in the Stage Gate Process to ensure that documented end point requirements, software, and customer-specific methods are transferred to manufacturing prior to production volume launch.
- Participate in DFM reviews, ECO reviews, and models builds; recommend manufacturability improvements.
- Capture test failure data (Lab view, SQL Server), perform analysis (Excel, Access, Minitab), present performance data and implement countermeasures with the objective of eliminating defect recurrence.
- Manage / interact with test database to capture and extract relevant data
- Evaluate PWBA designs, recommend and implement appropriate cost-effective testing strategy.
- Acceptance testing of products that meet/exceed business objectives and comply with design and customer requirements.
- Perform failure mode analysis and implement corrective action for production and customer returns.
- Contribute to teams working to develop, deploy, and sustain lean manufacturing processes. Tasks include the implementation of Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Standard Work, Problem Solving and other lean concepts to create a robust culture of continuous improvement and manufacturing efficiency.
- Assist in training manufacturing and inspection personnel as required;
- ISO 9000, ISO 13485: Institute the necessary documentation and controls to attain certification to these standards
- Effectively communicate with Production and Engineering personnel to ensure agreed upon actions are completed on time and satisfy expectations.
- Prioritize tasks and projects based on commitments and product schedules.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assuring safety in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Accepting other tasks as assigned.
- Organizational Skills
- Data Analysis
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Attention to Detail/Thoroughness
- Time Management
Education & Required Skills
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with and interest in Analog Testing; Digital Testing
Additional Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Verilog (or VHDL), Java and/or C#, and C for embedded systems
- Experience programming with Lab view and SQL Server
- Training in lean manufacturing or exposure to lean concepts with a business that practices lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of statistical process analysis and control (SPC) to reduce variability and improve yields.