We are offering a SIGN ON BONUS!!! More information provided during interview!
Let your voice be heard and let your creativity shine in our salons! We are growing at our Pet Valu Stores and we need you to join our team as our Pet Groomer. It’s a ruff job, but our Groomers love what they do every day! And as an added bonus, you get to showcase your work by providing the finest grooming experience to every pet and grow your clientele at the same time! We aren’t like the rest of our competitors, our mission is to provide Pet Parents with the finest grooming experience in town that exceeds their expectations, all while you get the flexibility of running your salon.
Your Grooming Career:
We run the business tasks, so you can have more time to pamper every pooch that comes in. Here is what our grooming career offers you!
- Competitive Salary & uncapped commissions!
- Sign on Bonus
- Referral Bonus
- Career growth opportunities
- Personalized Space
- Your own pet line with voicemail
- Equipment: Tub/Table/Groomer Helper/Dryer
- All the supplies you need: Shampoo/Conditioner & More
- Tool Allowance
- Personalized Marketing to grow your clientele
- Bather (for certain volume)
- On-going training: Nutrition Training (optional)
- Benefits for FT Pet Groomers
- Vacation Time
- Health Benefits
The Splashes and Cuteness Alert:
At Pet Valu we strive for more than just grooming pets, we live for the experiences we have with each animal we groom!
- It’s the joy of giving Max his weekly bath after his stressful week of chasing that squirrel or the pride in the trim you gave Coco for her upcoming date with Milo!
- Transformation Tuesdays, Imagine Cheddar arrives in shambles. It’s your creativity that has him ready to strut his stuff at the next dog show!
- It’s the smile on Toby’s parents face when they arrive to pick him up after his day at the spa, that makes you want to do it all over again with the next pet!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Professional grooming techniques for a variety of dog breeds and cats
- Perform grooming services, including clipping, hand scissoring, medicated and general cleansing, parasite control baths, pedicures, medicated dips and ear cleansing, as requested for each pet
- Groom animals utilizing techniques which vary depending on type of hair, coat, breed and owner instructions; bathe and dry animals; perform pedicures and clean ears
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Full-time professional grooming experience with knowledge of grooming software
- Minimum 1 year of experience in bathing/grooming animals in a professional environment.
- Working knowledge of POS system preferred
Pet Valu is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Work Place.
Job Type: Part-time
- Pet Grooming: 1 year (Required)