The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for the oversight of daily shift operations in Housekeeping. Directs and works with associates to ensure guests rooms, public space and associate areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds staff accountable for exceptional guest satisfaction.
- Manages and assists in ensuring guest satisfaction and associate engagement while maintaining the operating
- Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guests’ rooms and public space.
- Ensures all associates have proper supplies, equipment, and uniforms.
- Provides job training to all new staff and follows-up with additional training as necessary.
- Demonstrates leadership skills within the company by motivating staff to deliver exceptional guest satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully promote and enforce company policies, procedures, ideas and concepts.
- Enforces policies and procedures and documents associates when necessary.
- Prepare schedules based on productivity and business need.
- Interview potential applicants, perform reference checks, and extend job offers to qualified applicants to fill
vacancies in the housekeeping department.
The Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and two years’ experience in the housekeeping or related professional
area OR a Two-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality or
Business Administration or related major.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to contribute both strategically and operationally to the company’s functioning.
- Ability to perform the physical aspects of the job including sitting, bending, climbing, standing, reaching and
walking for up to 90% of the workday and lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits including:
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and prioritize tasks to meet goals.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and other similar software packages preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) and Bonus Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
Our success is driven by the leadership within our hotels, we take great pride in hiring honest, hard-working, reliable people who are willing to share and accept our principles. In return, we offer competitive salary and benefit packages, and encourage continuing education by offering tuition reimbursement and consistently provide opportunities from growth and advancement.
Plamondon Hospitality Partners is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the federal government's E-Verify program