- High School Diploma or GED
- Master's Degree
- Physical Examinations
- Driver's License
- Employee Evaluation
- TWIC Card
Are you looking for a career with a growing company that has new boats, new barges and more on the way? Central Boat Rentals is just that type of company. We are currently growing our fleet of river push boats and are looking for individuals that want to grow with us. We offer a full line of benefits, new vessels and barges, private accommodations, work out rooms, crew lounges, 28/14 schedules, company paid training, license renewal assistance and more. Contact us today for an immediate personal interview.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation and performance of his crew, vessel, and tow.
- The Captain/pilot must also strive to see that company policy, rules, and regulations are followed.
- Must report to the office all violations of policy or violations of federal, state, or local laws.
- Conducting monthly drills and safety meetings in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure that work completed in accordance with Company safety policies and practices.
- Ensure all crew members on vessel receive instruction on how to do jobs properly and monitor performance.
- Carry out all duties assigned under the Vessel Security Plan as the designated vessel security officer.
- Ensure that each crew member knows the cargo of each barge in tow and has an understanding of any hazards associated with said cargoes.
- Enforce all Company policies and vessel specific guidelines in support of the Crew Endurance Management System onboard all vessels.
- Participate in crew management, performance evaluation, general supervisory duties and management of the vessel’s budget.
- Complete required log entries.
- Maintain radio watch as required.
- Report Certain Dangerous Cargoes (CDC) barges at pick-up, drop-off, and designated mile points to the Inland River Vessel Movement Center.
- Enforce all rules.
- Give assignments and direction to the mate and/or lead deckhand.
- Comply with all established vessel management policies and procedures.
- Maintain the vessel budget and help maximize cost efficiency as directed.
- Provide instructions and information to crew members, land-based personnel, and USCG or lock personnel
- Must meet USCG physical examination requirements.
- Must be able to travel to and from vessel / training locations via air or car travel (must possess a valid driver’s license).
- Must be able to work one of the following schedules: 28/28 or 28/14.
- Must be able to work a 6 hour on 6 hour off watch
- Must have experience pushing barges (tows of 6 or more preferred).
- Must be able to climb steep stairs, sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to ride in or pilot a crew boat or zodiac to get to/from towing vessel.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- The ideal candidate should have experience as a tugboat candidate, seaman with tugboat background, diesel marine experience, or have watercraft operating background.
- Must maintain valid USCG licensing.
- Master of Towing Vessels upon Western Rivers license required.
- Must have an Inland Waters License
- Maintain an active TWIC and 719 K Med Cert (Pilot Expiration)
- Master of Towing (Required)
- Merchant Mariner Credential (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- TWIC Card (Required)
- Western Rivers (Required)
- Federal Communications License
Job Type: Full-time
- Master: 5 years (Required)
- Pushing 30K BBL Barges: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)