PROGRAM FINANCE ANALYST II (EDOS-19-0266-F):
Bowhead is seeking a Program Finance Analyst to be responsible for financial control and analysis of Government contracts. Join a team that fosters an open, learning environment where you can refine and grow your skills and technical competencies.
Bowhead is looking for a team player capable of functioning independently with solid business and analytical skills.
Candidate will be responsible for accurate tracking of funding, expenditure, and fees to include financial management of subcontractor and vendor reported costs; review and provide approval of Government, subcontractor and vendor invoices; development and maintenance of Estimates to Complete (ETC) and Estimates at Complete (EAC) utilizing Microsoft Excel and Cobra.
Utilize historical and planned financial data to analyze trends, make corrective action recommendations and implement approved corrective actions in conjunction with the Program Manager.
Analyst will also be responsible for contractual deliverable requirements to include funding and expenditure status, generating purchase requisitions, time-sheet quality control; and the review, approval, and tracking of various corporate forms such as expense and travel vouchers.
May prepare proposals or ROMs in compliance with company pricing/estimating policies; and identify and analyze variances from negotiated and budgeted parameters.
In addition to contractual support the Program Finance Analyst will also be required to assist with the budget process for the respective division or business line(s), to include but not limited to coordination and gathering the necessary data as well as tracking budget to actual revenue, cost, and profit throughout the fiscal year. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements • This position requires the ability to accurately enter, track and analyze financial data trends and then communicate findings to the Program Manager and Contract Specialist.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
- Must possess a solid understanding of contract cost structures such as CPFF, TM, and FFP and possess a sound understanding of indirect rate factors such as Fringe, Overhead, and General and Administrative.
- Experienced with MS Office and intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; critical thinker; knowledgeable of FAR and cost accounting guidelines and principles; and able to communicate financial information to non-financial managers and to communicate tactfully and effectively with senior management and customers.
- Employee will work with the business group Financial Analyst team, Program Managers, VP of Operations, and corporate support teams on a regular basis.
- Must possess efficient time management skills and ability to prioritize tasking are a must in an environment where deadlines can be short-notice and priorities can change rapidly dependent upon customer needs.
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint, Deltek Cobra, Concur Travel & Expense and SharePoint is desired. Candidate must have 2-5 years of work related experience.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.