The Junior System Network Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, and enabling staff.
This individual will assist the Senior Network Engineer with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Work with 3rd party vendors for Implementation and Best Practices Deployment.
- IT Support relating to issues with internal systems and network infrastructure, including technical issues, as well as virtual environments built on Cisco, Microsoft, VMware and EMC Storage
- Implement and maintain services designed by System Engineers for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, SQL, SharePoint, Infor M3 ERP, etc.
- Implement and maintain system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs
- Implement and maintain disaster recovery solutions
- Implement and maintain remote connectivity, access, and desktop solutions
- Review monitoring system alerts via dashboard and notifications to respond accordingly
- Administration and maintenance of the monitoring and management systems: update scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard and periodic system review
- Maintain documentation for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Perform hardware and software inventory, maintain licensing standards
- Setup and configure PCs, printers, peripherals, wireless access points, etc.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or maintenance windows and outages
- Perform routine security administration. Maintain and develop our monitoring systems, tools and procedures
- Install hardware into our facilities, includes following our structured cabling and documentation standards
- Participate in on-call rotation for problem escalation outside normal work hours
- Take on some small-scale project work
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
Professional Qualifications/Required Skill of the Position:Education and/or Experience:
- Respect & Value Our People
- Stay in Front of Change While Reducing Costs
- Delight our Customers
- Food Quality & Safety
- A.S. or B.S. in Computer Science, IS/IT or at least two of the following certifications:
o CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator), MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) • VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) certification (Datacenter), Cisco CCNA / CCNP
- 2 – 4 years of relevant network experience.
- Knowledge of operating systems and platforms (Microsoft, Linux, Cisco IOS).
- Solid understanding of Internet Protocol (UDP/TCP, DNS, DHCP, etc).
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN internetworking principles and protocols including TCP/IP, VLAN, OSPF.
- Knowledge of wireless technologies and protocols (i.e. 802.11b/g).
- Excellent written, oral communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported and the network backbone that our business, plant and process control areas are completely dependent upon to manufacture product, control processes, take orders, schedule operations, and manage inventory. This individual will be on call 24X7 and is expected to provide support via pager or cell phone.