Stable Company seeks Technical Support Specialistto provide technical support to growing 150+ user company.
Tremendous career opportunity with company that offers competitive compensation, great benefits and room for advancement.
In summary, you will:
- Be responsible for maintaining and monitoring end-user workstations and productivity of the local area network devices
- Configure and support company network infrastructure , including PC builds, network printers and VoIP phone system.
- Perform maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training.
- Provide primary support to staff on all company applications.
- Troubleshoot computer problems, determines source and advises on appropriate action.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts.
- Troubleshoot computer platforms including Windows and APPLE iOS.
- Support remote users using remote console software (Remote Desktop).
- Work with at home users to help resolve ISP or network related issues
- Install and upgrade software and operating systems.
- Manage the installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Provide updates, status and completion information to manager and users.
- Resolve or escalate problems as necessary.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of supported systems and continually strive to enhance knowledge through ongoing training, reading and participating in projects and improvement initiatives.
- Train employees in learning new applications and assist in problem solving for applications issues.
- Track and maintains asset inventory including performing audits on the phone system and toner program quarterly; monitoring all printers, update firmware, and replace parts as necessary and working with printer maintenance vendor to make sure all printers are being monitored and serviced on a timely manner.
- Utilize IT support ticketing system, provide support with documentation including writing FAQ's, instructions and procedures.
- Assist System Administrator with Active Directory, VMWare, Wireless LAN controller, Fax2Mial, AntiVirus, and ERP support.
- Review notifications received from Cisco regarding the phone system including, security advisories, updates, general maintenance, security threats, bug related issues, etc
- 1+ year relevant hands-on professional technical support experience required
- Ability to install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain all of the software applications and peripheral equipment.
- Strong communication and training skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to multi-task, manage and appropriately prioritize multiple projects at the same time and continue to work end user requests as needed.
- Ability to anticipate end user technical needs and perform daily and routine tasks while working to resolve open issues with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical knowledge of PC hardware, Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS.
- Working knowledge of basic network concepts (such as TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, wireless, VPN and IP telephony )
- VoIP system related experience including MediaSense, Bridge Operator Console, PhoneView and the Cisco Unity phone system
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite .
- On occasion may require lifting, carrying, and moving light-to-medium weights of up to 75 lbs.
- College degree with Computer Science or related course of study preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Technical Support: 1 year (Required)