Healthcare’s helping hand.
Enjoy what you do while contributing to a company that makes a difference in people’s lives. CHG Healthcare, in Salt Lake City, UT, is one of the largest providers of healthcare staffing in the country. Through our trusted brands – CompHealth, Weatherby Healthcare, RNnetwork, Foundation Medical Staffing and Global Medical Staffing – we provide temporary and permanent placement of healthcare providers all over the country. We touch the lives of millions of patients every year. When your day-to-day routine contributes to this important work, it’s easy to get excited about what you do!
The Application Support Manager is responsible for managing the Application Support team and its supporting of CHG’s internal application suite. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user requests. Serves as a liaison between our internal customers and our product experience teams.
We’re looking for people who:
- Oversee support operations with regards to our internally developed application stacks, including Apex, Java, Node, and DB2.
- Define and ensure all SLAs are consistently met
- Establish process for categorization and prioritization of issues
- Minimize escalations via early warning processes
- Bridge knowledge and process gaps with Service Desk and Application Support teams
- Manage escalations, including analysis and customer call-backs
- Define work schedules and ensure adequate coverage at all times
- Implement case management best practices and adoption of Support tools
- Ensure team has access to development tools, methodologies, resources needed
- Serve as mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point for support engineers
- Develop and execute plans to measure individual job performance.
- Prepare reports and make presentations within CHG on status of the team's projects.
- Maintains a Putting People First culture including focus on personal and professional growth and development opportunities for team members
- Sets an example of great customer service and develops it in others. Consistently coaches and trains team members to ensure quality deliverables and best practices are followed.
- Coordinates and monitors the setting of individual and team goals.
- Completes employee performance reviews and provides input into others who are not direct reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead software development and support projects.
- Strong technical background in software engineering and development.
- Strong skills in representing the teams needs to upper management.
- Experience working in collaborative, business environments.
- Strong decision making, analytical, problem solving, conflict resolution and change management skills.
- Customer service oriented
- Experience managing business partner relationships
- Ability to lead and influence others that do not report directly to you
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in software development
- 1 to 2 years of experience managing people or projects, including coaching, measuring individual job performance and talent development.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive pay + bonus
- Comprehensive training
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Retirement planning and savings options
- Tuition assistance
- On-site health center
- On-site gym
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
At CHG, we foster an environment where our people feel free to be themselves. Our core values—Putting People First, Growth, Continuous Improvement, Quality and Professionalism, and Integrity and Ethics—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! We’re committed to growing our company and are always looking to promote from within. This is an ideal time to join our team.
To learn more about our company and culture, visit us here.
How to Get Started
To have your resume reviewed by someone on our Talent Acquisition team, click on the “apply” link at the top of the screen. Or if you happen to know of someone who might be interested in this position, please feel free to email them the job description by clicking on the “Email to Friend” link, also at the top of the screen.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an at-will employer