Direct and manage the district to ensure legally sound and effective personnel management practices. Responsible
for the development and implementation of human resource programs to include wage and salary administration, employee training, recruitment and staffing, and employee communications programs. Interpret and recommend personnel policies and regulations for the district.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve client and employees, including teachers and school administrators, by handling day to day questions and helping resolve work-related problems.
Assist in communicating company policies and procedures. Promote understanding within the organization and across the school operations.
Recruit for open positions and perform the full life cycle of recruiting activities including sourcing and screening applicants, maintaining recruiting systems, drafting offer letters, providing follow: through with candidates, supporting hiring managers, and reporting recruiting statistics.
Draft and update job descriptions; assist in classifying positions and/or reclassifying positions as needed.
Lead employee on:
boarding activities; answer employee questions and provide support to managers when integrating new hires into the organization.
supported background checks and teaching certification of all applicable employees.
Administer employee benefit programs, answer employee questions, support claim resolution, and maintain related systems.
Support the performance review process; provide employees and managers with information about the process, policies, job duties, and process for promotion.
Lead employee recreation and recognition programs.
Maintain employee records.
Responsible for new hire, termination, and change of status forms with payroll. Serve as employee liaison to assist in problem resolution with issues related to benefit deductions and pay.
Coordinate and ensure completion of employee exit interviews. Report outcome of exit interview information to management and tracks/maintains data.
Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations.
Work with others to compile and report projections of staff needs. Compile budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs. Implement the policies established by federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the area assigned.
Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent/CFO.
Bachelor?s Degree in Business Administration, Psychology, Labor Relations or other similar degree.
- Five to eight years previous work experience as an HR Generalist or Senior Generalist. School or education experience preferred.
- General Knowledge of the principle and practices of personnel administration; ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with peers and employees; ability to present information and make recommendations effectively in oral and written form. Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of the Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and make deadlines.
- Demonstrates good judgement; approachable and professional; solid problem solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; self-motivated; well organized.
Working/Environmental Conditions / Mental Demands/Physical Demands:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, interpret policy, and procedures
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent district-wide travel, occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Attend meetings at early morning hours or late night as required to conduct the business of the district. May require weekend work on occasion.
- Work requires considerable time and effort commitment in support of functions of the Superintendent?s office
Job performance is evaluated according to policy provisions and contractual agreements adopted by The Rhodes School.
The Rhodes School is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies general responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, program/curriculum changes, and unforeseen events.