To Apply: Only applications that submit both a Resume and Cover Letter will be considered for review.
Cover Letter must include the following information: 1) number of business immigration applications you filed in the last five years, 2) state where you currently live, and 3) salary requirements.
Alcorn Immigration Law is looking for a full-time v i r t u a l business immigration paralegal to join our team. The position is full-time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or Paralegal Certificate.
- 2 to 5 years of recent full-time employment-based immigration experience.
Requirements and Technical Capabilities
- Hands-on experience preparing and compiling non-immigrant petitions (H-1B, TN, O-1, L-1, LCA), immigrant petitions (EB-1A, EB-2 NIW, and PERM), and eager to learn additional case types.
- Experience with I-9 audits a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Suite Apps, Microsoft Office products and other common business tools like Adobe Acrobat, document scanning, and immigration forms software such as INSZoom.
- Help to manage and prioritize team work priorities.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communicate proactively with clients.
- Tech Savvy! While everyone says this, the ability to understand and self-learn software is critical to this position. We are heavy technology users. Technology is used to facilitate the v i r t u a l nature of the position and provide value for clients. If learning yet another piece of software will be a frustration, you won't like this job.
- Always tell and disclose the truth to the Firm. No hiding mistakes.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented.
- You must be a positive person
- Self motivated. The ability to set your own schedule provides a great opportunity to fit work into other constraints. However, you must be able to meet deadlines while providing a quality work product. There will be weekly meetings that will be required to attend via video conferencing as well as semi-yearly in-person work days.
- Quick learner
- Friendly and a team player
About us: We help erase borders so our clients have the freedom to live their dreams and increase knowledge, understanding, and love in the world. We exclusively practice U.S. immigration law and we focus on obtaining business and family visas and green cards as well as citizenship for our corporate, entrepreneur, and extraordinary individual clients. We value taking care of ourselves and we pride ourselves on our strong team spirit. We cultivate an atmosphere of trust and respect in our team where we all pitch in to get the job done.
We asked our team, “Why are you most proud to work at Alcorn?” And here’s what they said:
- “Women-founded and women-led; part of Silicon Valley innovation ecosystem; our willingness to consider and create creative solutions for clients; our internal culture of decency”
- “I would say that I am most proud of the team's commitment to do their very best to achieve a positive outcome for every client. And also that each person is so genuinely happy for their client!”
- “What drew me to Alcorn specifically was the spirit of the team. Everyone was friendly, accommodating, warm, and bright. It's the people that makes Alcorn special and what made it stand apart compared to other law firms”
- “positive work environment”
- “I'm proud that we care so much about our clients and we always go above and beyond for them.”
- “We are always open to change for the good”
- “Our team is very diverse, inclusive, and we all have different backgrounds.”
- “This firm allows you to discover yourself. You will never have to choose between your passions and your job. Here, you can do both. This firm gives you the space to grow, get better, and reach your goals.”
About you: we are looking for great people who always do the right thing; proactively and creatively solve problems with a positive attitude; serve our immigration clients with compassion; produce efficient, quality
Job Type: Full-time
- Paralegal: 2 years (Preferred)
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Paid time off