Desired Skills and Experience
- Equipment connectivity experience including in-depth experience, and basic network troubleshooting skills with TCP/IP protocol.
- Excellent customer contact, and communication skills.
- A+ certification desired.
- 2-5 years industry related technical experience including in-depth experience with Microsoft OS (Windows 10).
- Drug Screen and Background checks will be performed
- Be able to travel throughout the County
- Unpack & move the device to be installed from staging location to the end user location.
- De-install and set aside existing equipment (during refresh projects)
- Removal of laptop carts from shipping skids.
- Perform the basic installation of the device connecting all cables (including network & power)
- Power-up and validate correct operation of the device(s)
- Perform all post installation tasks (Client specific steps) per the installation script to be distributed in a separate document.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic HW and SW issues as needed at the customer site. This will include issues associated with network connection or configuration of network printers and may involve re-imaging from a USB\Network set.
- Validate the correct functional operation of all devices
- Testing of all relative network connections
- Apply Asset Tags on all newly installed equipment (if required)
- Complete all checklists and record all required spreadsheet information including the capture of computer name, device type, serial number, location, network drop and asset tag.
- Breakdown and neat collection of all packing material to be moved to the site designated trash receptacle or vendor provided trash container (for site removal)
- Follow and comply with all facility security requirements, signing in & out, parking and any other restrictions
This is a temporary project that will run from the last week of May until the first week of August.
- L. Ortega & Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Temporary