The Laboratory Medical Technologist with Certificate is a key component to the continuing success of Peachstate Health Management d/b/a Aeon Global Health. As a leader in the healthcare industry, we are searching for an experienced Medical Technologist with Certificate. The MT and MLT is an integral role of Aeon's testing laboratory for daily patient urinalysis test preparation and processes. MT/MLT will use optical, photometric, electronic and automated instrumentation. MT/MLT may be required to participate in quality assurance and safety. In addition the MT/MLT will work on implementing clinical chemistry blood testing using Roche or Beckman equipment. This position will directly report to the Laboratory Operations Manager/Lead Chemist and Chief Operating Officer.
The Medical Technologist is an integral role of Aeon’s testing laboratory for daily patient urinalysis test preparation and processes. Medical Technologist will use optical, photometric, electronic and automated instrumentation. Medical Technologist may be required to participate in quality assurance, safety, infection control, and disaster activities. This will include the following activities:
- Receive and process biological specimens from clients/doctors and clinics.
- Prepare specimens for daily testing processes.
- Calibrate, standardize and maintain instruments following established procedures.
- Perform quality control checks on laboratory equipment to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents and procedures.
- Recognize malfunction and out-of-control test results and take corrective action.
- Prepare reagents, standards and controls according to prescribed procedures.
- Check, monitor, and report laboratory supply inventory, for reordering.
- Report adversely affected test performance and take corrective action
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling/processing, test analyses, report and maintain records of patient's test results; maintain records that demonstrate proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens
- Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies.
- Document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- 4-year degree
- Medical Technologist Certificate from ASCP/AMT/AAB or another agency approved by the Georgia Department of Community Health
- Must be able to meet high quality standards, follow regulations, maintain confidentiality
- Problem solving and analytical skills and ability to analyze issues and articulate appropriate solutions to management
- Ability to consistently achieve daily/weekly/monthly activity goals
- Experience with Roche Cobas 6000 and Beckman AU analyzers
Our Benefit Packages Offers:
- Medical Benefits; health, dental, vision
- Life Insurance/Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time off
- Paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Technologist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Technologist (Required)