FIRE EXTINGUISHER TECHNICIAN
To inspect, service, and sell fire protection equipment. To provide facility inspections in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements pertaining to fire suppression products including fire extinguishers, emergency lights, and other fire products at a high level of quality.
NATURE OF POSITION:
The Technician will be responsible for providing inspections, selling, and servicing a variety of fire suppression components including fire extinguishers, emergency lights and other fire products in a professional and timely manner. Employment is contingent on successfully obtaining any required state Competencies. The Technician is also responsible for maintaining a clean, well organized vehicle and ensuring a safe environment for his/her self, co-workers and customers.
· The ability to learn applicable inspection and servicing codes
· The ability to learn and comprehend general electrical safety procedures
· A valid driver’s license and a current and sustainable good driving record
· The ability to perform physical activities outlined in the accompanying physical requirements checklist.
· Satisfactory results in a company mandated criminal background check and drug test
· A strong work ethic and professional appearance
· Excellent selling, communications, and customer service skills
· The ability to fit in with our culture of teamwork
In addition to the above, the most desirable candidate will have:
· Applicable experience either in the fire protection industry or the commercial customer service business in some capacity
· An ability to provide services across multiple product lines
· Working habits and personal appearance which are both neat and well organized
When hired, the Technician will:
· Manage their time on the road while maintaining a high level of quality
· Achieve any weekly productivity goals assigned by the Branch Manager
· Learn applicable fire protection codes and obtain any required state Competencies
· Protect and maintain company equipment
· Work in a safe manner as outlined by company safety procedures including the driving, personal protective equipment, and lockout/tag-out policies
· Maintain their vehicle in accordance with company procedures and ensure it is clean and organized
· Protect the Company’s assets
· Perform any other tasks assigned by the Branch Manager
Interboro Fire & Safety offers competitive pay based on skills and experience, Paid Time Off, and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
Salary: $600.00 to $1,000.00 /week