We are seeking a highly motivated scientific leader with deep knowledge of cancer biology and signaling transduction in cancer and a demonstrated track record of small-molecule drug discovery to join our Target Biology team in San Diego. The candidate is expected to have substantial experience in signaling mechanisms that are fundamental to tumor biology. They will lead the scientific efforts in target exploration, as well as mechanistic studies to support early-stage drug-discovery programs. The candidate will work closely with a cross-functional team that integrates machine learning, medicinal chemistry, and analytical technology to revolutionize small-molecule therapeutics design and discovery. The candidate will be expected to develop strong, collaborative partnerships within the company, with external collaborators, and with CROs. The successful candidate will enact a leadership role within the department and on multi-disciplinary project teams to define and execute the activities required to take new targets from validation to hit finding and through to candidate selection.
- Lead scientific efforts in cancer target research and drug exploration
- Provide up-to-date domain expertise in cancer biology (preclinical and clinical), spanning disease biology, competitive landscape, and new drug opportunities
- Partner cross-functionally in the scientific planning and execution of target validation/initiation projects, including cancer biology, medicinal chemistry, machine learning, and business development
- Apply comprehensive approaches to analyze multi-omics data to generate new insights and interpretations with a focus on cancer biology in preclinical and clinical applications
- Develop, communicate, and execute on multi-disciplinary research strategies for elucidating the mechanistic basis of target dependency to inform targeting modality, and identify biomarkers for early patient stratification
- Monitor and incorporate the latest scientific advances in oncology research, to identify opportunities for next generation of oncology discovery therapies
- Proactively communicate project strategy, critical issues, and recommendations to enable appropriate resource decisions.
- Communicate and present study results and scientific findings to internal and external teams and at conferences
- PhD with 3+ years of research experience in a relevant field such as systems biology, cancer bioinformatics, cancer biology, computational biology
- Industry experience is highly desirable
- Deep experience in target identification/validation by analyzing one or more ‘omics data type, such as genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics with knowledge of relevant databases (cbioportal, CTGA, DepMap, etc)
- Proven track record in scientific research regarding cancer biology and signaling mechanisms
- Exceptional scientific rigor and commitment to the highest-quality research with outstanding organizational abilities and scientific execution.
- Demonstrated expertise in utilizing standard and cutting-edge technologies to design and execute mechanistic studies to inform target biology
- Excellent cross-functional communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A passion for innovation and demonstrated initiative in tackling new areas of research
- Flexibility and ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job
Founded in 2019 and headquartered in La Jolla, California, Entos is disrupting the therapeutics landscape with its cutting-edge generative AI drug discovery platform. We have assembled a world-class team that unites pioneering AI experts and seasoned drug hunters with strong track records of success in delivering clinically validated breakthrough treatments. The Entos platform has been demonstrated to deliver high-quality, differentiated drugs to clinics with unprecedented speed and across multiple targets and mechanisms of action. We are focused on the advancement of our internal pipeline of clinical assets to address urgent unmet patient needs in oncology and other therapeutic areas.
The culture and work at Entos are profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our people and our differences in background, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and life experiences. We are committed to building an inclusive environment where a diverse group of talented humans work together to discover therapeutics and create technologies.
We offer industry-leading competitive pay, company-paid healthcare, flexible spending accounts, company-paid life Insurance, matching 401K, and a flexible time away policy to our team. Benefits vary depending on full-time and part-time status. We are located in a brand-new state-of-the-art facility in beautiful San Diego with an onsite gym, dining, and easy access to great places to live and play.