Find meaning in your work and join a collaborative company with challenging and innovative opportunities in Customer Experience and IT Strategy. Blue Compass, LLC blends strategy and analytics with customer insights, design and creative thinking to help our clients discover, implement and improve their products and services. Blue Compass colleagues apply their natural curiosity to the company’s culture of customer-focused trusted advisory and thought leadership.
Status: Full Time
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI (Active SCI within 2 years; SSBI current within 5 years)
Blue Compass is looking for a senior Information Assurance Engineer to be a part of a Government Security Engineering & Integration team responsible for working closely with the government customer to evaluate security risk to ensure compliance with IC policies and standards; develop deliverables documenting the planning, policy, interfaces and architecture of technical security services. The candidate will provide project oversight and ensure integration of security requirements in accordance with agency certification and accreditation processes, and technical security engineering required to support the Agency’s transition to enterprise services.
The candidate will be expected to demonstrate security and systems engineering technical competency in one or more of the following areas that include, but are not limited to:
- IC and DoD security policy and procedures
- Cross domain systems/ controlled interfaces
- Data marking/tagging and release
- Audit and Logging
- Identity and Access Management
- AWS Cloud Security
- Network Security
- System Assessment & Authorization
Knowledge and experience in preparing and briefing technical security topics to senior program leadership and senior government managers. Demonstrated experience working collaboratively within a team comprised of both senior and junior level security engineers to foster sharing of expertise and a learning environment.
- TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering or related science or engineering field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of Security System Engineering Integration of large, complex systems
- 1+ years of software development or administration of security appliances, network equipment or secure operating systems
- Proven ability to utilize systems engineering techniques and principles to determine technical security engineering requirements within complex systems
- Demonstrated experience with security engineering policies and procedures supporting ICD 503 accreditation and NIST 800-53, CNSS 1253 implementation; Assessment & Authorizations
- Knowledge of the SDLC, agile engineering and DevOps and DevSecOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery model
- Experience implementing secure cloud-based solutions, preferably in AWS; implementing network and security within cloud-based environments
- Experience associated with IC agencies and the DoD
- Excellent customer relationship and presentation skills
- Professional certification, commensurate with experience and compliant with DOD 8570
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- Experience in one or more security engineering areas, specifically associated with identity management, authentication and authorization; secure communications, data marking/labeling, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) access and releasability; secure storage, secure communications, auditing and policy management and enforcement; cross domain/controlled interface solutions
- Experience associated with security engineering and system development integration
- Experience with application threat modeling, risk management to determine applicable security requirements, and security standards
- Knowledge in Information as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS)
Why Blue Compass?
- Opportunity for growth within position and within company
- Work for innovative government clients
- Contribute to company business development efforts – we value our employee’s ideas and referrals!
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedule (*depending on client)
- Regular company training and team building activities
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive and fun team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Security System Engineering Integration of complex systems: 6 years (Preferred)
- Active Top Secret (Required)