QinetiQ North America delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
At QinetiQ-NA, you’ll find a dedicated and talented team of people who enjoy their work and take pride in their accomplishments. As a member of our team,
you’ll work with cutting-edge technology and some of the industry’s most brilliant minds. We offer a comprehensive, flexible benefit package including tuition assistance and career development opportunities. If you’re interested in working for a technology-driven company that is the leader in its industry...but one that maintains the fast-paced, creative environment of a start-up...QinetiQ-NA is the right place for you
QinetiQ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.
Any external applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Position Requires U.S. citizenship
Manage the MRO Department and related customer support functions for QNA in Franklin Massachusetts. The primary role of the MRO department at QNA is to support our worldwide military and commercial customers. The MRO team at QNA performs service and support activates for a wide range of products, from TALON® EOD Robots to our LineWatch Distribution Grid Sensing and Monitoring equipment.
Physical and Travel Requirements
- Direct management of a group of repair technicians and a customer support specialist.
- Implement proactive training of this group to build the skillset in support our varied products
- Support customer information and troubleshooting requests while maintaining ITAR compliance
- Improve customer service by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
- Manage key customer relationships and expectations coordinating with internal departments to meet customer needs. Communicate regularly with these customers regarding repairs, contract status’s and repair requests.
- Support engineering and business development teams with customer requests related to repairs, training and new product orders.
- Learn QNAs diverse set of commercial and defense products and assist in trouble shooting failures with customers and technicians, hands on experience with repair group desired.
- Evaluate failure data and identify trends to provide to Engineering and Operations to improve our products.
- Streamline and standardize the repair process across multiple QNA products.
- Contribute to quoting and proposal efforts for multiple product lines as required working with subject matter experts to develop estimates for duration and cost.
- Manage customer contracts and maintain funding reports for key customers
- Initiate invoicing through our finance team and report on forecast revenue for MRO services
- Experience in technical repairs and hands-on experience in electromechanical manufacturing and or test and installation is desired.
- Experience using Excel and Word to generate deliverables such as proposals and quotes with underlying cost explanations.
- Possess the ability to self-direct activities, prioritize tasks and delegate to the group
- Works effectively in a deadline-driven customer service environment
- Reports to the director of Manufacturing
- Must be able to lift 25-35 pounds
- Capable of occasional 2 person lift of up to 150 lbs
- Up to 5% of time may be required spent at Waltham, MA facility
- Potential for infrequent (less than 2 times/year) US or international travel to support customer
- Applicant must apply for and obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- 3-5 years in a Supervisor or Manager position with history of experience in manufacturing or repair environment
- BS Engineering or BA Business or equivalent work experience.