Full Job Description
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve the intelligence community (IC). You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll focus on using machine learning to analyze massive data sets, leveraging modern DL frameworks including TensorFlow, Keras, and Torch to develop computer vision and Natural Language Processing (NLP) models. You’ll use statistical methods and knowledge of large data sets to characterize uncertainty through statistical methods and develop an enterprise analytics platform while working with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and testers. Join us as we use data science for good to support client operations.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience with developing software in high-level languages, including Java, C, or C++
- 5+ years of experience with developing software for UNIX or Linux, including Red Hat, CentOS, or Ubuntu
- 3+ years of experience with software integration or testing, including analyzing and implementing test plans and scripts
- Experience with AWS SageMaker and products such as Azure ML Services, or MLFlow
- Experience with machine learning frameworks, including TensorFlow, Torch, or Keras
- Experience with the design and development of object-oriented systems
- Experience with version control systems, including Github or Gitlab
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BS degree
- Experience with deploying applications in a Cloud environment
- Experience with designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
- Experience with building computer vision or NLP models using modern Deep Learning techniques
- Experience with developing solutions and integrating, extending, and contributing to open Ssurce software
- Experience with open source Big Data tools, including Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Apache Kafka, or Apache NiFi
- BS degree in Data Science, CS, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field preferred; MS or PhD degree in CS, Physics, Statistics, or Mathematics a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.