Job Title: Project Lead/Developer
Position Type: Full-time, direct hire
Department: System Development
Travel Required: Expected travel is around 10%.
This position is located in the Lexington, KY area. The candidate should live in, or be willing to relocate, to this area.
The primary role of the System Development Team is to design, develop, and maintain software application systems with proper technologies that support the ABFM’s business operations and innovations. The System Development Team collaborates with project management, quality assurance, operations, and other teams and organizations as needed to deliver quality service to the ABFM, its Diplomates, and its partners.
The candidate will work within a team as well as independently and should be able to move seamlessly between the two environments. Work will originate from a single source or from multiple sources; thus, the candidate should be able to communicate verbally and in writing with both small and large groups.
The candidate will serve as the project leader and as a developer for the MOCAM and Universal Hub shared platforms, managing new features and resolving support requests for both. These platforms have been developed and maintained by a vendor for several years and have been brought in-house over the last year. The candidate will oversee the next phase of both platforms.
The Universal Hub platform is developed in .NET with a Microsoft SQL Server backend. It primarily exchanges data with other systems via web services.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- operate with minimal direct supervision and will be self-motivated
- prioritize and complete tasks as needed to meet project deadlines and deliverables
- be thorough in gathering, documenting, and explaining new features or resolving support requests to minimize ongoing issues and prevent future issues resulting from the introduction of new features
- work with stakeholders from multiple accounts using these platforms
- synthesize both requests and issues into solutions that meet the needs of all users
Responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of the MOCAM and Universal Hub shared platforms with other team members.
Responsible for gathering, documenting, and organizing requirements, and scheduling releases and fixes of the MOCAM and Universal Hub shared platforms.
Responsible for evolving platforms from their current state to their “to-be” state.
Responsible for creating and/or maintaining system documentation for the MOCAM and Universal Hub shared platforms.
Responsible for gathering, documenting, and organizing requirements, and scheduling releases and fixes of other internal projects as needed.
Responsible for planning and tracking budgets related to the development and maintenance of the MOCAM and Universal Hub shared platforms.
Responsible for acceptance testing of updates and fixes to the MOCAM and Universal Hub shared platforms.
Fluency and familiarity with:
- UI development using HTML, CSS and Semantic UI CSS, JQuery, and Bootstrap
- Ability to author and refine business requirements and assist in translating those into system design specifications
- Thorough verbal and written communication skills
- Team or project leadership experience
- Effectively utilize Microsoft Office suite of products
Familiarity with WordPress authoring platform and plugins
Familiarity with Adobe XD
Fluency and familiarity with:
- Azure DevOps (similar to JIRA)
- Microsoft Teams (similar to Slack)
- REST API
- Angular applications using an object-relational mapping
- Object-Oriented Programming
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- PHP: 3 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible